Boxing work against karate?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by INTERNAL BOXING, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTERNAL BOXING

INTERNAL BOXING Banned Banned

Does boxing work against karate? Anytime I see a Karate guy go against a boxer the boxer gets his but kicked because of all the elbows, kicks, kness and overall more rounded style of the karate guy.

Do you guys think boxing can work against karate or is it to limited by just using the hands since it has no kick, elbow, or knee defences?

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

strange, every time i see a boxer vs karateka its generally the other way round unless its a kyokushinkai. its all about the way you train not what you train with. you dont think tyson could kill most martial artists?

3. INTERNAL BOXING

No I don't I think he was highly overated.

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Yes boxing can work against Karate. Just like Karate can work against boxing, Wing Chun can work against <place any style here>.

It's been said time and time and time again; it's not the style, its the fighter... (write it down on a postit note and stick it on your monitor :) )

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

It really does depend. If the karateka kept his distance and predominantly used his feet then the boxer would lose a lot of the time. That said if the boxer got inside he could potentially do a lot of damage to the karateka because of boxers tendencies to throw a lot of punches, and the tendency of karateka not to be built like boxers.

As for Mike Tyson, anyone of my Sensei would make him cry for his mama.

6. INTERNAL BOXING

Thanx guys Im just just trying to get some diffrent opnions besides why boxing is better I think karate takes to much abuse on the forums.

7. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

uh huh. so uh, when do they make their fighter debuts?

8. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

No-one could ever make Tyson cry for his Mom. He's the kind of fighter who'd laugh and ask for more. There's no breaking Tysons fighting spirit.

9. holyheadjch

last time I checked Ikken, the Queensbury rules dont allow for mawashigeris, let me know if they've changed.

10. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

so? its not the technique you use, its your skill level. your sensei doesnt even come close to his skill level (no offense here, most people dont)

not to mention that he is a professional fighter as well as being a street thug when he was younger...

11. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

It's easier to get inside kicks than you think. And how does what style you do change your build?

Why is that?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

If you honestly believe your instructor could hurt Mike Tyson, then you should inform him of K1. They do cross style compititions against boxers, thai boxers - The rewards are quite substantial!.

13. holyheadjch

One of my instructors did enter an MMA a couple of years ago, and was doing well until one his fights got stopped because he had a bloody nose, which I think is a bit daft for a sport claiming to be as much like streetfighting as possible. If only street punks stopped when blood was spilt

14. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

sure maybe ur sensei could make Tyson cry to his mamma, but it would be by means other than fighting

15. Timmy Boy

So the long and the short of it is, he lost?

16. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

awesome, your sensei is an unknown mma fighter who once lost a match cos he got his ass beat. thats great. when he wins the world title belt give us a yell.

17. holyheadjch

Boxers tend to have greater upper body build than Karatekas, whereas Karatekas tend to have greater lower body mass than boxers.

18. holyheadjch

I said he fought in one tournament, and yes he lost the match, but as for getting his ass beat, not how he or anyone who was there tells the story.

19. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

The number 1 priority is the safety of the fighters; at all times. Fights do get stopped because of continously bleeding cuts. It happens in most legit compition styles; it's common sense if you ask me!

But that is another subject for a different part of the MAP forums.

20. Timmy Boy

So your basis for thinking that your amateur (not an insult, but the truth, just like most instructors including mine) karate sensei could beat an unhinged professional boxer up is that he once lost an MMA match by TKO?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.