boxing gyms near caldwell?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Grass hopper, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

i've done some searching on the internet, but every number i call is out of date or doesn't pick up. every email i send is bounced back by the server.

i just moved to caldwell and have been going to a kajukenbo/mma place that i really like, but to be honest i'd rather go to a boxing gym. does anybody know of one in my area? i'd rather not travel all the way to boise as i'm on a tight budget (just moved, still job searching) and can't spend money on the gas.

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Just go try to kiss some random bouncers. :p

Finding boxing gyms can be tough. Try asking the people at the facility you're going to now and look for amateur boxing competitions being advertised in the area. The participants of the shows are usually local and you can start from there, maybe attend a few and try to talk to some coaches. I haven't found marketing to be a big trait in the boxing culture unless it's for a fight :p.

3. Kave

Kave Lunatic

4. Grass hopper

thanks! there is an amatuer tournament this weekend i was thinking about attending. i'll ask around there and look into the one you just produced for me.

5. Grass hopper

just took a quick look at their website, boxing is just part of their mma curriculum and they call it "untraditional boxing". not what i'm looking for. the place i'm at now has an mma fight team, what i want is just plain traditional boxing.

6. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh lawd. "Team No Excuse!" with a guy wearing a Tapout shirt in the background? No thank you.

And what in the world is "untraditional boxing." In what world were people who boxed wearing Gi's? (Joking of course :p)

7. Grass hopper

i imagine its more like "ring/street lethal!" or rather "i'm not a boxer but i can punch really well"

8. Grass hopper

After a great kajukenbo/mma class I've decided to wait until I'm living on campus at Boise state to take up boxing. They have a club that's free to students and I don't know when I'll be able to learn mma again.

9. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

[​IMG]