Boxing Camps/Intensive Training

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by timetotrainbro, May 3, 2015.

1. timetotrainbro

timetotrainbro New Member

Hi all,

I'm looking for a boxing camp, or intensive training. In England. (or if highly recommended maybe in Europe)

I'm looking for somewhere that offers 6-8 hour training sessions/weekends/weeks etc.

Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Thanks alot

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Do you currently box?

3. timetotrainbro

Hi Hannibal, yes I do. Only a few months now but really enjoy it. I have been looking on the internet , but I can only find Muay Thai camps. So I hoped coming on here might help

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

The reason I was asking is that the current level you are at will dictate the use of such a camp.

To be honest there is little you will find there that just attending more boxing classes will not fulfil - there is a lot of "information overload" in such camps, to the point that the experience is more valuable than the specifics

How many days do you currently train and for how long?

5. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

A guy at my local supermarket did this:

https://zerotoheroboxing.com/

He really enjoyed it.

Obviously time-in-training is needed to truly build skill and physique, but for a challenging crash course it looks interesting.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Are you training for health or do you want to fight?

7. timetotrainbro

Thats a good point. I train twice a week for two hours.

8. timetotrainbro

I would like to fight. I have found many muay thai camps, but no boxing

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'm guessing you train at an official ABA gym?

In my opinion, you have two pathways open to you.

If you're young enough and good enough, you could apply for the GB team, which you can find out more about by clicking the following link:

http://gbboxing.org.uk/page-how-can-i-become-a-gb-boxer.php

If you're a bit older and/or being a long-term amateur doesn't appeal to you, then you can try the traditional route: win fights at amateur, semi-pro, and (finally) pro level.

Your coaches know you and the sport best so speak to them about it.

But either way you look at it, two hours twice a week is a warm-up even for an amateur boxer. You seriously need to up your time investment if you want to fight. I'm talking like, 2 hours, six days a week before you think about attending a camp.

10. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

My advice would be that if you can afford a camp, then just take time off work and train twice a day at your gym, get in great shape. It would be cheaper for you and better to be working with your own coaches.