Bodyshot

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by bodyshot, Jan 9, 2015.

1. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

10.Jan.2015

1.warmup/stretch
    2.martial arts techniques/focus on stances and isometrics kicks
    3.yoga 20 min.
    4.shadowboxing slowly, 1 min.

2. bodyshot

11.Jan.2015

1. Warm up and stretch
    2.martial arts techniques
    3.yoga.
    4.shadow boxing.

3. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Great news on your wife. How long have you quit smoking? What's a cardio bag? <-- I ask knowing I'll probably face-palm on the answer.

4. bodyshot

I quit smoking just over two years ago. I started up again about seven months ago but it only lasted three weeks. So far so good.

5. bodyshot

12.Jan.2015.

1.warm up and stretch
    2.m.a. Techniques
    3. Yoga
    4. Light shadow boxing.

13.Jan.2015

1. Five mile bike ride
    2. Cardio bag work 30 min.

14.Jan.2015

1. Warm up/stretch
    2. Martial arts techniques
    3. Yoga

Nothing follows.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  6. belltoller

How's your new cardio bag working out for you?

7. bodyshot

My wife bought it for me so its kinda sentimental. Honestly its a little flimsy, you can't put a lot of weight behind your shots. I wrapped my hands and put my boxing gloves on and that seems to work better than bare handed. Its great if you want to practice your stick and move and your shoulder rolling and Bob and weave, it sets on a spring base so after you hit it it bounces right back. I'm basically using it like a double end ball.

8. bodyshot

15. Jan. 2015

Martial arts one hour.

Nothing follows.

9. bodyshot

Tue , Feb, 17.

Took and passed my brown belt test. I'm very excited about it. Just eight months away from black belt, I think I can do this.

10. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

YAY!!! :hat: Perhaps it's just me, but it seems like you're advancing quite quickly! It took me almost a year to get to first kyu (orange). I'm really bad at kata. :(

11. bodyshot

Yes and no. We don't have kata so thats not even a required field of testing for me. Its taken me a year and a half to get my brown belt and frankly its taken a lot of sweat and pain lols. Zanshin is a hybrid martial art that combines boxing and karate.
    In the past couple of months I've realized that what I'm actually doing fits some where between kick boxing and traditional karate as far as striking goes. On the clinch and ground side of the coin we sit somewhat between muai Thai and judo. Its been a lot of fun and I wouldn't stop or trade my time spent doing it.
    The club I'm training at has gone through some issues but over all I like the place and the people. Our belt system was recently revamped and for me it worked out as brown belt being my next belt, basically I would have been a blue belt but instead of blue then brown we now have two brown belts before bb.
    Anyway thanks for the support bro.:star:

12. bodyshot

Feb.19.2015

Warmup/stretch
    Martial arts techniques
    Yoga/deep ma stances
    Light shadowboxing/ clinch range technique.

And an update on my wife's progress, she's up and around, doing much much better now, still has pain at the incession site but its looking and feeling much better than she was.
    On an off note, her boss fired her...what a guy huh. Well she didn't deserve it and I know she will find something better. Thoughts and prayers for her please.
    Nothing follows.

13. belltoller

That's great to hear!

You've got to be joking...:jawdrop:

14. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

Sorry to hear about her job, in the UK you can sue an employer for unfair dismissal. If they fire you without good reason especialy in circumstances like your wife's that's always an option over here. Is there something similar in the states?

Glad to hear she's recovering though :)

15. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Oh, here in the states too.

Totally against the law!

Bodyshot's wife should absolutely sue!

16. bodyshot

I tried. To tell her that, she won't do it though. That guy has been a jerk since day one. Thank you all for your support. Its been good to talk about my lives dramas with other people.

17. bodyshot

No joke buddy, serious as well...cancer.
    The real joke is the fact that he works overtime to make people think he's super Christian, its fairly disturbing to think about.

18. bodyshot

Feb, 20, 2015.

Warm up/ stretch
    Ma technique.

1.unweighted squats/2 min
    2. Prone fly/ press combo
    3. Deep back stance/1 min each leg
    4. Shrugs.
    5. Calf raises 2 min
    6. Yoga head stand for neck strength and balance.

Cardio punching with three pound weight. 2 min
    Grass cutters 1 min.

Finish with yoga postures marichyasana and tadasana paschima badda namaskar

19. bodyshot

OK, time to catch up on the log. I've been working two jobs for the last couple weeks, its a pretty busy schedule. I've managed to squeeze in about thirty minutes of stretching and martial arts practice a day. On a more serious note my wife is really recovering nicely, and I must say that she's gone through this whole business without a single break down, a true hero. And a very big thank you to everyone who showed their support while I went through this really crazy time.
    I will log in tomorrow and make a better log entry concerning the specifics of my routine.

20. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

The brown belt is the work horse of the dojo. Glad your wife is doing better. Keep posting those workouts. I put ours up on FB & twitter 4X a week.