Bodyshot

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by bodyshot, Jan 9, 2015.

1. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

If there's a winning combo, that's gotta be it. [​IMG]

2. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

Jan/18/2015 Sunday...

Usually I take the weekend off, but the weather has been really really nice the last couple days, the mid fifties I think. That said I deciced to take the first jog of the new year.

1. Jogged 2.5 miles for the first time in about three months.

3. bodyshot

Jan/19/2015 Monday

Well it felt so good yesterday that the old man got out and did it again today.

1.Joged 2.5 miles
    2.Stretchd
    3.Martial arts techniques
    4.Pull ups 1X3 190 pounds
    5..sit ups 1X35
    6.Shadow boxing 1x2 min

4. bodyshot

Jan 20 2015 Tuesday.

Kinda sore between my calves and feet today, not sure what that muscle is but it hurts, my guess is a little to much jogging after a three month break from it. On a much more serious note I went with my wife to a metting with a surgeon. The good news is that they are going to get the cancer out right away, with out removeing her breast, that is quit a releif to us both. The Dr. said he believes she has a 93% chance of surviveing this cancer, after the surgery we will know more about what type it is and so on.
    Again thank you for your well wishes and concern.

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Awesome news mate!

6. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Glad to hear the good news! :D Hoping and praying for the best for y'all. :)

7. bodyshot

It works, and its fairly easy to learn. It took me awhile to understand what it is I do. That might sound strange but its also true. I started this class about two years ago with the understanding that it was a mixture of Boxing, judo, wrestleing, Karate and Jujitsu, it sounded good at the time and ive stuck it out although the club has had some ups and downs.
    Its weird because the fact is that my instructor claims hes never done any Kick Boxing (I have, a couple summers when I was a kid) and that what hes teaching isnt kick boxing but it looks and feels just like Kick Boxing and he uses Kick Boxing training methods to instruct his students...To be legit I just tell people when they ask what I do that it looks like Kick Boxing and Judo.
    Pretty much same story with the JuJitsu Judo wrestleing mix. The only wrestleing techniques that I see are collar ties, neck control, over and under hook and thats it. All the throws are from Judo and I think there are only like three or four of them total. As for Jujitsu Ive only been able to determine what a few of those techniques are in our system, rear naked choke, triangle choke, one or two other techniques I cant remember. The point is that it looks Just like Judo, so I try to avoid describeing all of that when I talk to civillians (non MA guys) and like I said above I just tell them what it "looks Like" .

8. bodyshot

thanks alot. May Karma be kind to you on your journey.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  9. belltoller

Glad to hear your wife's excellent prognosis!

10. bodyshot

Martial arts class tonight and Im thinking its going to run two hours tonight. Im up for it though. On an off note, got a call from the high school wrestleing coach, my step son has a fairly bad concussion and is out at leaast a week, had to take him an hour away to the hospital and after this incident he got dropped from our insurance, what the hell man.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  11. bodyshot

Martial arts class was good tonight, 10 min. warm up and then 45 minutes of sparring followed by about a twenty minute talk from the instructor about sparring/fighting technique.

On the down side of things my rein as an assistant instructor has ended after one class, I was replaced. Oh well. On the up side of promotions and such I was able to set my test date, three weeks from this saturday I will be testing for my blue belt, freakin awesome.

12. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Sad to hear about the stepson. :( Praying the recovery is quick and full. ETA: If you don't mind my asking, how did he get a concussion from wrestling?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  13. bodyshot

Ok, let me start by saying that this is his first year wrestleing, and hes fourteen and a little injury prone.

It happened in two stages, about a week ago he hit his head on the mat after a kid slammed him, then last night pretty much the same thing happened but he started throwing up after he got home and was complaining that his head hurt. Honestly I think the situation with his mom is
    really bothering him. I would teach him how to fall but I generally dont bother his training routine since he has a coach already, Im worried he started wrestleing to young and that he dosent really have what it takes in terms of controlling his snacking and eating, he missed weight by a pound his last meet so he had to wrestle kids 30 or 40 pounds heavier than him, he lost both matches by getting pinned.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  14. bodyshot

jan/26/2015

1. Warm up and stretch
    nothing follows.

15. bodyshot

Jan, 26, 2014.

Warmup/stretch
    Martial arts techniques
    Light yoga.

Side note, I had to move my sick wife into my mothers home in the country, just didn't have the money to keep our boat afloat. The belt gradient situation is finally resolved thank God. My current belt rank is green belt and I can test for my brown belt in two and a half weeks if I keep up the good work. The wife seems to be doing OK, she is sad sometimes but I haven't left her side once and I don't intend to.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  16. belltoller

Is she undergoing chemo?

17. bodyshot

No chemo. After surgery she will have eight weeks of radiation therapy. There is only one small tumor so chemo. won't be necessary.

18. belltoller

Ah, man. That's about as light and quick as it comes. Good deal.

Don't buy into any temptation that says you should cut back on your own therapy - which in this case is your MA. Its important that her main support be as fit and healthy as possible.

19. bodyshot

Thank you belltoller. It is a very emotional experience to say the. Least. I'm trying to do my best not to lose my own grip. I love beky so much and it is like an arrow in the heart to know she is sad or afraid. So far I have done as much for her as I can. This should be short and a little ugly but I believe we will beat cancer and move on to live in remission.

20. bodyshot

Jan.27-Jan 28.

1.warmup/stretch
    2.light ma technique practice.
    3. A few yoga poses.
    Nothing follows.