Body Pump

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Freeform, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Anybody else out there doing these classes?

I know lots of people think they are 'just for girls' but I've felt some real value come from them.

Also, what do you think about doing a Body Pump class the day after doing some heavy lifts (active recovery or a recepy for overtraining)?

Cheers

2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I have done body pump but it's not me favourite - word of warning don't do what a rugby player did that I know and go over the weights they tell you at first, doesn't matter how good you are in the squat rack it's a different work out.

I do body combat for intervals and body balance for stretching and core for core obviously.

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

*HUGE SNIGGER @ Freeform doing body pump sessions*

Got a nice pink leotard too? :D :Angel:

They probably vary from class to class. Most are just aerobics classes which has little real use to anyone more than moderately interested in fitness. Probably okay for recovery but I would rather do other things.

4. Freeform

Well... you smell! :p

Yes, but only on the Friday night classes ;)

I find it interesting that some of the instructors seem to be regurgitating exactly what they've been told (sometimes incorrectly) without understanding it. Luckly, 3 of the 2 instructors at my gym don't fall into that catagory.

Ad, I must be honest and say I haven't got a scooby what happens in an aerobic class but they don't use weights.

I will stick up for it though as I've felt some benifit in my grappling fitness. Nobody else willing to admitt that they do a 'girls class'? ;)
    Interesting point though, out of a class of approx 16, a quarter are normally blokes. Enlightened athelete? Sissies who don't want to lift real weights? Blokes who've found an untapped source of chicks in lycra? ;)

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Blokes on the pull, no question.

That Eric Prydz video has a lot to answer for :D

6. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

You get a vagina with that? :p.

Best part about the Pump classes, is all the sweaty women that come out :D.

7. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

My libido will NEVER be the same. Thats for damn sure.

*thrusts crotch in the air* CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEE CALL ON MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I just watched a thing on youtube and it seemed like it could get really challenging if you kept adding weight : P.

9. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

holy crap, coffee nearly came out of my nose reading that!!! :D :D :D

you check your balls in at the reception desk after confirming your class slot :D

guess you wont be needing these!

[​IMG]

10. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I will NEVER get the image of men wearing tight leotards out my head now! :woo:

My kf teacher is also a Body Combat teacher.I did a couple of sessions as he needed to film it for his test or something. It was pretty good cardio stuff and fun to do as well. Was particularly funny watching the men with no rhythm doing it and the large lady who turned up in a strappy going out top with no sports bra on! :p

Would rather do body combat than body pump.But like Adam says, there are many other things I would rather do for exercise. :)

11. prowla

prowla Valued Member

I tried body combat a while (it was free in the gym at my previous place of work). It was certainly exhausting, but perhaps too much of a single rhythm for MA.
    My wife does body pump, and she's in pretty good shape.

12. Freeform

No way, they make you do things 'wrong'! :eek:

13. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Yeah, the kicks and that are a bit wrong, but I just like kicking and that! :p I must admit though some of the music is pretty dodgy!

14. Freeform

Body 'Combat' makes no combative sense and should be avoided by all true MAist! ;)

No body esle owning up to doing 'pump' then?

15. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I'd consider taking a class
    Incidentally, the women that do this - are they generally attractive? :D

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  16. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

There aren't that many middle aged women around here I'm afraid :Angel: