Bob arum up to his tricks yet again for Pacquiao Bradley 2.

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Saved_in_Blood, Feb 26, 2014.

1. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

You forgot Benard Hopkins vs Shumenov 19 April :)

2. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Oh yeah... huge fight there lol. It's not on PPV as far as I know though.

3. Saved_in_Blood

Golovkin vs. Chavez will be PPV... forgot about that one.

4. belltoller

I've not seen Golovkin fight (live). That's one to see.

5. Saved_in_Blood

He's a very good fighter and while a lot of people look at me funny when I say this... if you watch the first few rounds of he vs. Rosado, you will see how much Gabriel's movement really seems to puzzle him. Golovkin would be easily picked apart by Ward (who attempted to get that fight after Golovkin said he would fight anyone from 154-168) who's offer he turned down.. yet he is fighting chafatz at 168. We will see how Golovkin handles his size though. I do however feel that the Rosado fight exposed a few flaws in Gennady's game and boxers and movers will trouble him. I see chafatz giving him little problem unless the size proves to be a little bit more of an issue.

6. puma

puma Valued Member

I think boxing is more popular than UFC because we don't have to watch two men trying to "mount" each other all the time. I had a discussion the other day with a guy who pointed out that in a lot of UFC fights there are fighters who don't even attempt to fight. They just "rugby" tackle the opponent as he put it, which he didn't think was all that brave. He said in boxing you either fight your way to the end, or quit. You don't have the option to think that because someone can hurt you, you don't need to stand and trade with them, that you can roll around on the floor with them.

I haven't seen too much of Golovkin to be honest. Just a few bits on youtube.

7. belltoller

I'm not a BJJ practitioner ( my kids trained in it ) but overall, I'd have to disagree with that statement.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd1KDz1X7iE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd1KDz1X7iE[/ame]​

8. Saved_in_Blood

Golovkin has I believe 400 amateur fights and has never been down there, or in the pros. His amateur record is extremely impressive as well.

9. Saved_in_Blood

As far as the mounting part, I have to say that while I find that part boring... it's just because I'm not into that. I realize it takes great skill to do what those guys do, but since I don't do it, I can only say as an observer that it's boring to me. If I actually trained in it, I'm sure I would like watching it and picking up things.

On another note, I would say from viewer numbers and PPV buys that boxing is still more popular yes. I don't have the numbers all laid out either, so I could be wrong.

10. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

This is why I like women's mma. It's less awkward when they're hugging each other from behind.

11. Saved_in_Blood

HA!

12. belltoller

Oh?

[​IMG]

13. Saved_in_Blood

In fairness, Broner did it to Maidana first... there was a lot of love in the ring that night :heart:

14. belltoller

The response I'd like to post reads "What you expect? Out here dry humpin ..." so funny but so TOS.

[​IMG]

15. Saved_in_Blood

The one thing they never mentioned is that you know he had a broken jaw at least... look at the swelling.

16. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

So guys, who do you think is going to win this one? Pacquiao or Bradley?

17. Saved_in_Blood

SD/UD Bradley, Manny looked impressive against a guy who looks like a fighter with a year experience next to Bradley. Tim is like Floyd in that he can make adjustments on the fly... Manny is not able to do that, plus since he hasn't been getting Ariza's magic shakes ( plus the testing is getting more enhanced) that he would supposedly never tell Roach what was in them, he hasn't looked spectacular. Not to mention that if Bradley wins... he will go after a fight with Floyd, Manny has not really pressed arum about making that fight otherwise it would have happened. Arum is not ready for Manny to get schooled (by Floyd) and not be a draw anymore. If Manny happens to win this fight, look for arum to suddenly start pushing more for the Floyd fight and that will be him cashing out on Manny.

18. Saved_in_Blood

I say all of the above because remember that Manny's contract with arum is up in 2015... so that will be the end of arum stealing from Manny.

19. puma

puma Valued Member

QUOTE=Zinowor;1074851521]This is why I like women's mma. It's less awkward when they're hugging each other from behind.[/QUOTE]

Brilliant!

I think Pacquiao will win. I think he is just too much for Bradley.

20. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

If Manny comes to the fight with the strong sense of righting a wrong, then I don't give Bradley much of a chance.

Bradley probably isn't capable of knocking Manny out like Marquez did and he'd probably lose at brawling, because Manny is better at chaining his punches together.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=pacquiao-bradley-compubox

Bradley wasn't supposed to be declared the winner in their first fight, he just looked busier. Which we normally don't expect in Pacquiao fights, which is why the judges misjudged Manny's performance.

Manny looked good in his last fight against Rios. I hope he brings the same footwork this coming Saturday.