Board Holder

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by TKDad, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

There's no swap pages on this site I'm afraid. Selling/Advertsing items for sale is against the terms of service too.

If you want to sell it, whats wrong with Ebay?

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

This came up a lot when I was a mod for some reason. At the time, the admins just thought it would cause more problems than it would solve.

3. camouflagecat

camouflagecat Valued Member

With the shipping out of Utah, what do they sell for generally? I have no idea, it's an ITF standard to fit 10"x11 1/4". It would sit on the ground or against a wall with people holding it and has bungee cords, made of steel pipe.

4. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

5. camouflagecat

camouflagecat Valued Member

On Ebay

The reason I didn't want ebay is because there's not as much exposure as if you target, say, people on this forum. I'm giving it a shot anyway, you can find it if you want.

6. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

This is a long shot but does any one have a set of plans for building a board holder?

7. ryanTKD

ryanTKD New Member

Yes... I plan to clone myself

8. TheMadhoose

unlss you can hold 2 red r black focus boards yer no use to me

9. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

there was already a thread about this, maybe if you do a searh you'll find it. i knew i posted in it because a friend of mine made one

10. TheMadhoose

do you hink yer friend has a plan for it on paper??
    tried searching but cant find what im looking for I.e for free

11. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

My friend made one attached to his wall. which is a pain if you want it for class, but good for at home.
    here is a lame drawing i just did on paint. if oyu're a handy man, you'll understand it. it's really simple. just make two floating shelves, which one would have a lip on it to rest the board on (as thick as how many boards u want to put on it) and the band to hold it in place. you can get thick elastic from a haberdashery shop (C&H fabrics)

Attached Files:

12. Burnsey

Burnsey Armchair liberal

I also have a friend who made his own board holder and I am thinking of making one myself (or getting him to make me one and paying friend prices). I'll see what I can find out at training. From what I know it is like the one at our club - basically a box with the top and bottom planks extended out (for spinning kicks) and then two supports that angle away diagonally so it is secure when placed against a wall.

13. Burnsey

Burnsey Armchair liberal

I've just seen the cavallin's plans, my friend has got one like that but he made another one like I stated below because you can move it around and adjust the hight for jumping kicks by putting it one a raised surface. However he said that the 'floating shelf' version was much cheaper (a lot less wood and other parts involved) and easier to make and the movable one invovled a bit of trial and error in terms of getting it sturdy enough for really hard breaking. I guess it just depends what you want to do with it and how handy you are with the old saw.

14. Yeah my Dad built me one for the garden. He was with the 22 Royal Engineers for 18 years so he knows a thing or two about construction.

It's late and it's dark now, but I'll turn the light on in my kitchen and see if I can get a half decent photo for ya. Gimme a minute.

15. TheMadhoose

i know whatthey lok like but its the angles and materials im intersted in

16. AngleIron and a boxed steel metal post. [Says my Father]

There's a wooden crucifix for the base of it which we're going to secure into the ground. At the moment I just put heavy rocks on all 4 points of the crucifix so it stays still.

The actual bit that holds the board is just wood and nails.

There's foam padding [Made from the army sleeping mats] wrapped around the metal so I don't cut myself after I've broken the boards.

He doesn't know the dimensions anymore because he built it quite a while ago.

And the digi cam isn't working anyway... Hmmm...

It is a little rough and ready. But it's safe and it's reliable.

17. Azeotrope

Azeotrope Valued Member

What kind of problem are you having with the jump-spin side kick, that you think attaching a board to your Wavemaster is going to solve? If accuracy is the problem, hitting your foot on a board holder isn't going to help much. :eek: