Blogs

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by benkei, Mar 20, 2011.

1. benkei

benkei Valued Member

Trying to grow my readership and make more changes, but blogspot just isn't doing it for me in its lack of customisation options. Anyone have any opinions on better blog sites? I'd love to see any great examples you guys know of as well.

2. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

I use wordpress. Simple, as I like things to be, but gets the job done.

3. henry06

henry06 Valued Member

I want to learn blogging :)

4. henry06

henry06 Valued Member

Double post.. Loved internet :)

5. burybob

burybob New Member

The way of the intercepting blog - its an internet style I've been working on recently, taking concepts from Polynesian micro-blogging, Amazon 2 finger technique, Yai Chobe and the devastating power of VDO blog. May contiain traces of cybernuts.

As the gentleman above responded, Wordpress is a stronger option in these blog-heavy times.

6. PlatinumPi4u

PlatinumPi4u Valued Member

BlogSpot isn't really the way to go.

Wordpress is the most widely used format, because its free and easy, and so wordpress is good... But the ideal way to go, is with your own hosting.

(Do not use Go Daddy. Instead use NextGenerationHosting.net because they offer unlimited everything, including 1 click wordpress installs for less then go daddy). Your own hosting allows you to have full control of your blog, especially if you choose to monetize it in the future.

The best way to grow your readership, is to offer something of value for free.
    An example would be - does your side bar say this?

Now, you will begin building a subscriber base in which to build a healthy reader relationship with. If you do a video version of your posts, and youtube it, then this will bring even more readers, who may want to see what those "4 master key" techs are... :)

Now, you have your foot in their inbox - they are genuinely interested in what you have to say, and are willing to receive special updates from you and will be encouraged to share your site.

Feel free to PM me anybody, if you are curious or serious about learning to make money online, or learning about how to set up or run a successful blog. Its very easy (esp with 1 click install) - but as I'm sure you know, not all blogs are created equally.