Black Eye

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Orangeseger, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Orangeseger

Orangeseger YouTube =/= Training

Hey, I got hit with a frisbee in the eye a little about a day ago. I had it looked at by the on campus staff at the infirmary, and I had an ice pack (the gel filled kind) for it.

Is there any way to help the nasty bruise go away faster. I wear my aviators to hide it, but I can't wear them indoors without looking like an idiot.

2. Chris from CT

Chris from CT Valued Member

Here's a biased but honest answer... See an acupuncturist.

A Goju-Ryu friend of mine was coming in for acupuncture treatments and she showed up one day with a huge shiner on her eye. We were able to get rid of it in a couple of days.

In Eastern medicine, bruising is basically considered "stagnation of blood" and we would treat to remove the blood stasis which would include easing the pain and reducing the bruising.

In other areas of the body, a practioner may use a "7-Star Hammer" to treat it. A 7-star hammer has a long flexible handle and a tiny mallet at the end with seven needles attached to it. The affected area is lightly tapped to remove the bruising and pain. Seriously, it sounds way worse than it is. I have treated huge, dark purple bruises on arms, legs and torsos and it works like a charm! Usually, the whole thing is gone the next day.

I didn't use a 7-star hammer on my friend's eye. Many practitioners rather not use one around the eye. I would have loved it to have been gone the next day, but even though I didn't use one, it was still effective anyway.

If you really want to get rid of it fast you might want to think about calling a local, qualified acupuncturist.

If you need a hand finding one in your area, there are threads here that talk about finding a trained ("licensed" in many states) practitioner. If you need any extra help doing some research let me know.

Take care. :)

3. delete me

delete me New Member

The bruising is caused by burst blood vessels around that area. (We all know that) The only way to reduce this is to remove the blood that has leaked out. That might be acheived through a little light massage, but I bet it is too sore to touch. Rugby players, years ago, used to go to the chemist and have leaches attached to clear the black eye. Not too sure if you want to or are able to do this.

:)Alternatively, you could go around with your face painted and in fancy dress for a week.:)