BJJ in Northern California??

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Ghost Frog, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Hi all,

We're still on our travels and reach California in about three weeks' time.

Can anyone suggest a good BJJ club to visit for a couple of sessions? Possibly somewhere around San Francisco/ Santa Cruz.

Small and friendly is good. :)

Cheers.

2. Chrisval

Chrisval New Member

Northern CA BJJ

Hi,

I train a Tiger Martial Arts (Scotts Valley and Aptos) near Santa Cruz. We are a small but friendly school under Gracie Black Belt Chris Smith.
    (831)461-9322 or (831) 661-0184

For rolling in/near SF I would recommend our parent school Charles Gracie's Academy in Daly City http://charlesgracie.com/.

--Chris

3. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

That sounds cool. We want to visit Santa Cruz, so hopefully we'll drop by and see you. :)

What nights do you train?

4. Chrisval

Chrisval New Member

BJJ Classes

I am not sure about the Aptos school sched.

The Scotts Valley School has classes Mon/Tu/Wed/Th/Fr in BJJ at 6pm Saturdays at 10am. Friday is a beginner class and usually has just a few people. Tu is oriented around instructors. So the best nights are Mon/Wed/Thurs and Sat morning. Most of our classes are with no gi for the summer.

I ususally train Tu and Th in Jiu Sool Do (stiking art) which is at 7pm BJJ for me is hit or miss because of schedule.

Give a call and talk to Jenny she is a BJJ blue belt who lives at the Dojo (well nearly). There are several other women BJJ players as well.

Lastly not sure of your schedule but we are also currently hosting a no gi tournament on August 19th in Santa Cruz. "Battle of the Bay" should draw a pretty good crowd!