BJ Penn vs George St Pierre

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Taff, Feb 8, 2006.

?

Who do you think will win?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2006.
  1. Penn

26 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. St Pierre

35 vote(s)
    57.4%
  1. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

I'm looking forward to this. :)

2. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Gotta go with the Hilo Boy ;)

3. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Gotta go with Penn, neva seen him fight but if Hughes could beat St. Pierre and Penn beat Hughes than logic dictates Penn's gotta smoke St. Pierre. Besides always thought St. Pierre was a li'l too flashy for my taste, though he does got some good striking moves.

4. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

As far as I'm concerned, Georges St. Pierre is some kind of MMA deity who has descended down from the frozen Northlands of Canada to rule us all.

5. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

gotta agree with the st. pierre fans, i really like his style. can't say whether or not he'll win, but i do hope he does.

6. traz

traz New Member

should be an AWESOME match. I love both fighters, and I've trained a bit with St Pierre, he's excellent.

I think Penn wins it in an exciting fight

7. Mortal Kombat

Mortal Kombat New Member

St. Pierre for sure... Rumor has it penns a bit outta shape an stuff. St. Pierre is also hitting the peak of his career, he's an extreamly well rounded fighter and he will be title holder soon. Canada represent

8. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Heh, the universe doesn't run on logic and nor does MMA. ;)
    I like St Pierre, I'll be rooting for him for sure.

9. Mike Dunnage

Mike Dunnage Valued Member

got to go with pierre.

B.J. has to come up a weight

Also as you saw with pierre and trigg, Pierres counters to submissions is much better then hughes.

To be really honest i do not care who wins it i just want to see it!

10. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

same here! i cant remember i looked forward to a fight this much in UFC last. should be a good un.

i voted for pierre but Penn is really tough

11. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Yeah, for me it's far, far more anticipated than the Old Folks Fight Part III.

12. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Pierre gets my vote. Canada will win that match.

13. thedoodey

thedoodey New Member

pierre with that thick accent has got my vote : P, he's a very animated fighter, everytime i see him on tv reminds me of van damme for some reason :p

14. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

*Sniff* *Sniff, Sniff*

I smell Korpy.

15. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

My ears are burning. ;) :D

16. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

:eek:

How quick was that!

17. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

BJ Penn. Submission. Second Round. There's a whole world of difference between the best jiujitsu player who was ever born on U.S. soil and the pretty good brown belt, Georges, in terms of submissions. St. Pierre has very dominating wrestling ability and better standup, but Penn will not lose if the fight goes to the canvas, and St. Pierre doesn't have the skills to keep it standing.

18. Faminedynasty

Faminedynasty Valued Member

Both of them are so goddamn good it's absurd. And I really like the way that each man fights. I list it as too close to call, but say for the record that if I were a betting man, I'd have the odds slightly in favor of Penn, but, as a common enthusiast, my loyalty lies ever so slightly in favor of St. Pierre, who I hope can pull of a victory.

19. Faminedynasty

Faminedynasty Valued Member

Oh...and what the hell sort of american am I, rooting for the Canadians?

20. traz

traz New Member

Bah, I'm from Quebec and have trained with the man, and I'm still voting against him. What kind of person am I :p

This has the makings of one of the best matches