Bit of advice would be grand.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JKD83, Sep 28, 2012.

1. JKD83

JKD83 Valued Member

Hi folks,

ive been jumping from different routine to different routine without really sticking to any, so im trying to create a workout which i will stick to for the next 8 weeks and then review after if needs be.

my main goal for these 8 weeks is to add a bit of muscle and improve overall conditioning, i have been reading a book called the 4 hour body and there is a routine for adding muscle which involes 2 workouts a week.

Workout 1 - Ez Bar or Barbell row and Barbell overhead press and abs exercise

Workout 2 -Slight incline bench press and squats and kettlebell swings

These are done for 1 set to failure with a minimum of 7 reps, 10 for squats (kettlebell swings are done for 50 reps)

I was going to do my conditioning on the days inbetween which would mainly consist of kettlebell swings which i would so in sets till i reach 75 reps, with the aim of adding 25 reps a week to the grand total, i would also do ab work and bag work on these days.

Just wondered if these seemed like a good routine to try for 8 weeks or whether i should be considering other things, ive got so many different books and stuff on this kinds stuff i jump from one thing to the next too easily so wanted a solid routine to stick at for 8 weeks then maybe shake it up, would like to do a decent kettlebell workout at some point but i only have 1 at home and the weather has turned which makes training outside difficult lol and i dont think my gym has kettlebells over 12kg.

Thanks if you read all that and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Cheers