Birmingham Riots !

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Grizzlygrime, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Grizzlygrime

Grizzlygrime New Member

2. samurai69

samurai69 New Member

3. hawkfish

hawkfish Shodan - Shotokan Karate

That's crazy stuff!

Be safe.

4. James H

James H Valued Member

A pirate radio station (HOT 92.0 I believe) were saying a 14 year old Jamaican girl got raped by a gang of 18 muslim men so the black and asians in the Lozells/Handsworth area have declared war on each other, and they are two of the roughest areas in Birmingham, even U.K it doesn't suprise me people are pulling guns on each other and smashing up houses, you do NOT want to go down those parts even with a cru.

5. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Yep, saw this one on the news. Crazy people...

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

only in birmingham can you justify having a riot based on an unsubstantiated rumour.

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

LOL! :D

So you think this will hurt Burmingham's chance of being the UK's number one spot as a tourist destination?! :confused:

8. baubin2

baubin2 New Member

*makes mental note to avoid this area while visiting birmingham next spring*

*shudders*

9. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

I think the accent is enough of a reason to avoid Brum ;)

And while you're at it, cross of Bristol on your "places to visit" list. They have a terrible accent too :p
    (Actually, they had more violent crimes per person than anywhere else in the UK in 2004)

10. Grizzlygrime

Grizzlygrime New Member

hush taff hush , wales aint a real country ,

sheep sheep sheep shhhhhhhhhhhhh !

11. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Correct, it's a principality.

12. holyheadjch

Ok so in one post you've managed to knock the city I grew up in and the city I currently live in. Thats good going...and besides the bristol accent is just a more sophisticated version of the welsh one...so there.

13. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

You think that's bad you should go to Dudley :eek: :D

14. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Bristol accent is truly grating, it's not my fault.

15. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I think some of the worst English accents are places like Surrey and Bedfordshire. Those 'almost-cockney-but-not-quite' sort of accents that are even worse than cockney itself.

But the absolute worst of the lot has to be Manchester. They all sound like they've got a blocked nose.

16. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

To be honest, almost every UK accent irritates me in some way!

The generic posh southern English accent where they pronounce "no" as "neigh".

The Geordie accent because it sounds like they were trying to be Welsh, but got a bit mixed up.

The westcountry accent in general, grates and annoys.

South Wales accent, quite short and harsh, is annoying unless it's being sung, not spoken.

Scottish accents, not the worst, but Glasgow has a bit of grate to it.

Scouse. Enough said.

Brum. Enough said.

Northern Ireland, the way they pronounce "row" as "roy".

In the British Isles, the only accent I really like is that from around Dublin.

17. holyheadjch

Dublin - which isn't part of the British Isles...so what accent would you class yours as.

18. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Yes it is, and I would class mine as weak south Wales. I annoy myself when I'm excited/drunk.

19. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Heh heh, so I'm OK - generic English with residual West Yorkshire. No "neigh" but no "ey oop" either.

20. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Damn, I forgot to take the **** out of Yorkshire accents.