Biomechanics of Motion and Quietness

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by runcai, Feb 8, 2016.

1. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note- Alright everyone, let's play nice and not call each names when we make our points. Right now, I am going to include spambot the way it is being used as name calling. The mod team is monitoring this thread. But if you feel something has not been addressed properly, please go ahead and use the report function. Thanks!

2. The Iron Fist

The Iron Fist Banned Banned

The Sun Character Fist isn't unique to Wing Chun it's in Hung gar as well. What does Wing Chun have to do with Internal Power again, I missed that part.

I don't think the lineage stuff was the point of this thread, I was more enjoying the discussion of nei gong. We can fill up a lot of pages on the various translations but what about specific Wing Chun nei gong practices instead of which phalanges to hit with.

I think the Southern Fist in general is the source of the Sun Character fist not Wing Chun. What I've seen about Wing Chun's version in this thread seems relatively limited compared to other forms within the various Southern systems. This is the Fire Element fist of Hung gar as well as the "Fire Arrow Fist" and so forth.

[​IMG]

3. aaradia

You really need to drop this whole thing. Because, as I said before, a little searching on your part would pull up tons of posts where Hannibal talks about his training in great detail. Who, what, when, where, and why. His history is very open and out there if you browse his posts.

Also, just like with SWCSifuben, you can click on the link in his signature and read all about his training/ credentials in great detail.

As with the other people you are questioning.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  4. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Zilch but we all know how that whole argument goes...

Depends on what you mean. There are quite a few different ways of using it but I think everyone is just overly familiar with the chain punching, both in and out of wing chun.

Actually the last one in that illustration you see in wing chun as a preparatory exercise for the luk dim boon gwan and as a mechanic for longer range striking. I've heard it referred to as both arrow punching/fist and pole punching/fist.

5. The Iron Fist

Sorry, the last picture is the only one with the Sun Character Fist. Juk Meen Jin Choi according to my drill notes (side facing Arrow punch, a Fire element attack in Hung gar, straight, fast, and to the point). The other two are stuck to the image I wanted to post are related to transitions to it (if you follow the sequence it's a long hook punch followed by a push and long sideways punch with the Fire/Sun form and rotated fist. This combination is in Taming the Tiger and early in the Tiger and Crane Paired Fist.

The Internal animals of Hung gar are Dragon, Snake, and Crane and their associated elements are Earth, Water, and Wood. We know Southern Snake and Crane styles are associated with Wing Chun techniques, so what about Southern Dragon? That is the quintessential Internal style in Hung gar as far as I was taught, the source of one of the most famous "internal' Shaolin styles, the Iron Thread.

6. aaradia

Interesting. In CLF, Snake and Crane are internal, Tiger and Leopard are external. The Dragon is both internal and external.

7. The Iron Fist

You are right in fact let's delve further brother!

In Hung gar all the animals share some mixture of external and internal. Tiger and Leopard are sort of the 'obvious' external styles, but each contains some internal elements. Snake and Crane are mostly internal but contain some small portion of external component. Then the Dragon the 'mythical' animal has a very balanced blend. It's meant to illustrate Internal and External at the same time, and interestingly there seem to be more Kuen poems related to Dragon than any other animal. But there is also a connection between Southern Dragon and the Taoist Immortals.

The two most interesting things I learned about Hung gar Dragon, in my opinion, were related to the elusive nature of the Dragon style, and how it is learned, and how hard it is to master compared to the others, but also it's unique connection to Snake and Crane.

"you can only see part of the Dragon, never all the Dragon" is one old Chinese saying, the flexible, coiling, elusive 'soft within hard' philosophy of many martial arts.

In how Dragon is learned, there is a Kuen poem that says "a Sifu can teach you the tiger or leopard, but only an Immortal can teach you the dragon, snake, and crane", and to me that is an obvious reference to the Nei Gong of the Taoist tradition.

On another note, I goofed. That Sun Character pose that Lam Sai Wing is in is not "Juk Meen", which implies his fist would be thrust perpendicular to teh body, toward the viewer, as opposed to sideways. Yat Ji Man Jin Choi, or Sun Character Strong Arrow Fist, is the right technique name for that last picture, the combination of the "Sun Character Fist" and the "Strong Arrow Fist" techniques! :D

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  8. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Jie jie gonna be sore you keep referring to her as "brother"!

9. runcai

runcai Valued Member

They are just advertising themselves in the web-site.

I think we need to look at the authenticity of the various claims. For example, some people try to play down the authenticity of Bruce Lee's lineage to Wing Chun in order to promote their kinds of JKD, while the Bruce Lee Foundation and others try to focus on his lineage in Wing Chun, etc.

So, how should we validate the authenticity of the claim of lineage?

I am sure the who, when, what answers will not address the question.

10. embra

embra Valued Member

more twaddle.

11. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Clearly runcai is just trolling now.

32 pages into this thread, and still not an constructive response to any one on the thread, constantly avoiding questions but turning them back on other members.

Ban him/her and have done with it. :ban:

12. aaradia

Mod note- If anyone has an issue with a post or poster, please report it using the report function and not by "reporting" it in the thread.

Thanks.

13. aaradia

No runcai, they are being open and honest about their experience, their training and their lineages. You were asking about this very thing and I am telling you where it can be easily found - out in the open and easily.

The point isn't lineage wars, the point is a frame of reference for posts. Which we don't have with you in nearly the same open and clear style as the other posters you are asking about.

The point is NOT to turn this thread into tearing apart each others training, but to understand each others training to understand where they are coming from in their posts.

14. runcai

runcai Valued Member

I am sure they are being open and honest about their experience, their training and their lineages, but did they verify what they have actually learned? If not then it is a good reason for getting so hangup with lineage.

I don't see Inosanto certify anyone for doing Wing Chun or any internal martial art, but that does not mean his certified practitioners can not discuss details related to Wing Chun or any internal martial even they can not verify that to be relevant from their lineage.

We got examples of practitioners can not go into the basic details of their arts and I do not see lineage will help them very much.

I have mentioned in my introduction that I have learned from the students and grand students of Fu Zhensong (1872–1953), and in here I mentioned one of my teacher was General Sun (1909-1990). Is anyone here know about their arts? What is the point of providing when and where information when people do not know who they are.

I am a fellow member of the Institute of Martial Arts and Sciences, and my resume is available upon request. In any case I am happy to answer questions related to the Arts of Fu Zhensong and Sun Baogang.

People here did not seem to know how to differentiate between Internal Martial Arts and other arts, and maybe we can start up our discuss from there. We have started on the knuckles on the kinetic chain, and the next topic is on the movement of the wrist and them elbow, etc., through to the ankles in a reverse vertical punch.

If you like to know "biomechanics of motion and quietness" and can not find any relevant information in the Internet, then you are welcome to question since it is a unique development in martial arts and sciences.

15. embra

embra Valued Member

1) English is not your 1st language - probably Robot-ese.
    2) A fair few folk here have trained with Dan Inosanto - and know what he is teaching - we know nothing of you.
    3) Your claims of lineage, previous training and internal arts are bogus, most likely computer generated. No-one believes 1 word of your spout.

16. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

You mean like training with our sibaks and sisuks? Yup.

Well you have no lineage and no knowledge so 0/2 and please play again.

Can, and for anyone else here, would but you've shown yourself to be an egotist trying to fake his way through as some sort of authority.

This is a joke right? Next you'll be telling us you were trained and certified by Ashida Kim.
    http://www.instituteofmartialartsandsciences.com/

Once again trying to set yourself up as some sort of authority when you've shown yourself to be anything but.

People have been asking for it for probably about 10 pages and you've yet to cough up anything substantial.
    Do it!!!

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  17. aaradia

Mod note- members here whose first language may not be English are perfectly welcome and encouraged to post on MAP. Folks, let's be careful to not to discourage anyone based on this particular factor.

Also, you are highly intelligent and well spoken people. Please express your frustrations and criticisms without resorting to masked profanity.

Thanks!

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

My Wing Chun lineage is not to Inosanto so if that is what you think all you have shown is you cannot read or else did not look

My taiji lineage - such as it is - is not Inosanto either before you ask

19. ned

ned Valued Member

http://www.ycq.ru/article/en/federation/history/modern_masters.htm

This suggests you were not a direct student of General Sun but of his student Kenneth Liu .

Your mention of the Institute of Martial Arts and Sciences made me finally realise why you sounded vaguely familiar , from your previous time here as Imas ( older members may remember some of your similar ramblings )

20. embra

embra Valued Member

Ahaa!