Big changes :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by FunnyBadger, Feb 4, 2015.

1. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

Well in December I posted this in the New Years resolutions thread

Well me and my wife spoke on thursday last week and decided to call it a day. She is moving out tomorow and the legal proceeding shall follow shortly. Luckily we are both on the same page and doing it very amicably, no huge rows or anything we just want the easiest, quickest, least stressful seperation possible.

On a more positive note this has freed up more time and more funds for me to play with :) Unfortunatley because I can't drive ( see resolution 2 above) and live in the sticks I can't make any classes realy but I have found a guy locally who does Muay Thai training and can travel to meet me. Il be meeting him for my first session this afternoon for a 1-2-1 Muay Thai lesson.

It's not cheap but 1 or 2 lessons a week is cheaper than paying a membership at a gym and paying the bus fare and conveniently saves me 2hrs each way! Gotta love public transport in the countryside lol

Looks like 2015 is off to a good start already :)

2. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Sorry for the divorce mate but if it's the right thing then it's good for you! Congrats on the training as well. Keep reaching for your goals.

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

If you're both on the same page regarding finances etc then get your divorce over the net. Cost you just over £300.
    Solicitors like to encourage conflict, it's how they make money, sending you after longshots

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I take it youse have been thinking this over for a good bit, then?

5. FunnyBadger

Yeah been thinking this over for quite a while. Feels realy nice to moving forwards with it finally :)

I can report back from my Muay Thai lesson. It's great but I think my shins have died. Went through some basic stance and movement before playing with round kicks (both sides) and checking kicks. We started putting some punches in there aswell. I realy enjoyed it and have another session booked in for tomoro.

Gotta say though kicks are hard lol. It makes ballancing so much more difficult when you take your feet off the floor.

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Yebbut kicks roolz :D

Onwards and upwards mate, onwards and upwards and best wishes to you. :)

Mitch

7. FunnyBadger

Well even more changes lol. Turns out my other half isn't moving out I am now lol. She changed her mind about what she wants to do (shocker) and she is keeping the house. Due to the unfathomable nature of the forces housing system she has the house for 93 days (I still have to pay) and I need to find alternative housing.

I have 3 more weeks off work so for that time I shall be living at my parents house in cardiff and then moving back into the single blocks after. Not ideal but at least I still have a roof over my head. Does make training easier though, there's a good Muay thai gym quite close to my parents house and also an mma place so shall check both out and get stuck in :) 3 weeks off work doing as much Muay thai, mma and weight training as my body lets me should be good :)

Again Finishing on a positive I had another 1-2-1 Muay Thai lesson today, worked elbows knees and teep kicks with some basic defences/counters to the above and brushed over the kicks and punches I did yesterday. Was realy good fun again and got plenty of drilling done, already starting to feel more comfortable kicking so should be able to pick it up ok :)

Cheers for the support here folks :)

8. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

::sigh::

I'm not gonna... Badger - bro fists, man. Stay positive and just like Mitch said - keep your eyes upwards and onwards!