Biceps

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Sean O, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Sean O

Sean O New Member

I was wondering what you guys do to build up your arms, your biceps in particular. I know that in a pullup, depending on whether the back of your hands are towards you or away from you, you work your triceps or biceps, but I want to know if theres an easier way. Any suggestions?

Sean O

2. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

buy a dumbell and barbell set. then theres hundreds of exercises u can do. like curls etc.

3. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

I second what mat said. Also, push ups can work, and as you said, pull ups. There are a number of things you can do;)

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Eh?

Push ups? For biceps?

I think not!

Triceps - yes. Biceps - nope.

5. Cain

Cain New Member

Yep that was a mistake WOTD, if u stop in the middle of a push-up and ask a friend to feel ur arms u will notice that ur biceps r alost completely relaxed.

As for the original question sean u should also try isometric curls or as I call them u can use a dumbell for this.

Start by holding ur arm completly straight then curl it up halfways and hold that position for about 3 seconds then bring it up fully and hold for 3 seconds again. Do the same on ur way down.

Hope this helps,

|Cain|

6. Sean O

Sean O New Member

Thanks guys, your suggestions have been useful. Don't worry about me though, I've done some homework, and also I'm getting a bench press and a set of weights for christmas :)

Sean O

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hey Sean O

Gimme a shout if you need a programme for those weights when you get them. Qualified gym instructor blah blah blah........ :D

8. Sean O

Sean O New Member

Will do, thanks yoda blah blah blah :D