Best way to wield commonsense

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Taiji_Lou, Apr 19, 2010.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Never seen a green Batman.

That would be like showing a black Kermit

2. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

Ha!
    The mind picture of rastafarian Kermit made me spit coffee on my keyboard! :)

3. 47MartialMan

In the words of a stage performer;

"I'll be here all week"

"Rastafarian Kermit" we gotta be PC

Do you know Kermit has a "Hollywood Star"?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  4. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

It's good that kermit has a hollywood star.

didn't jim henson die of pnemonia?

5. pakarilusi

pakarilusi Valued Member

Become the Batman.

Then you won't need the baseball bat, you are a Superhero Ninjer!!!!

6. forero

forero Valued Member

Just because I'm stubbornly clinging to my childhood

[squeakyvoice] Why not get a pretend shotgun that doesn't work and use it to scare them, and then, if they're not scared, hit them as hard as you can with it; so hard they fly through the ceiling and on to the moooooooooon! ?[/queakyvoice]

You could always stick a picture of yourself outside captioned "Beware of Owner"

7. TKDDragon

TKDDragon Valued Member

I think you have gotten some good advice for serious home invasion a gun and a dog. I am partial to german shepards any dog that isn't properly trained can be a danger to children. Just handle their ears and tails as pups and get them used to being handled in any way imaginable for a kid. never leave young children (under 3 around any dog) if someone doesn't get bit both will find ways to get in trouble. firmly establish the childs place in the house to the dog and the dogs place to the child (tolerate no excesses by either). Also as someone mentioned monitor the dog when other children are around as the GSD will protect your kids from threats.
    As a plus a german shepard has a sense of humor to. I woke up one night to get a drink and looked out the back window to see someone climbing over my fence. My silver and black GSD was watching him the whole time from a shadow near the fence (I took me a minute to find him and I knew what to look for) just as the guy got to the top of the fence my dog took off and hit the top of the fence vaulting the guy back into the alley snarling the whole time. The guy landed against the fence on the far side and every house in the neighborhood lit up. Think my dog actually found it entertaining to mess with the guy. If had intended to get to the guy he would have waited or gone over after him as climbing a 6' chainlink fence wasn't a problem for him :evil:

8. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

Cool story.

Burglars often check the back yard of a house for dog poop. The bigger the dog, the bigger the poop, and therefore the more likely the bad guy will pick some other house. :)

Best regards,

-Mark

9. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Wow, this has been 5 pages of weirdness. Bottom line, a baseball bat is a piece of sporting equipment, not a weapon. While it has a cultural status as a tool of destruction, and it is indeed capable of delivering massive impact, it's length and weight distribution make it impractical for fighting. You have to make big swings which are slow to recover from. Therefore, while great for delivering punishment beatings to already incapacitated people, not great against a mobile opponent or two. I've seen many people who've been hit with baseball bats in fights, and they've only ever had cuts akin to being hit with a bottle.

10. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

11. 47MartialMan

Yes. Agree. many Pitbulls and Rotweilers get bad reps