Best way to lose weight

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Chicano83, Aug 19, 2010.

1. IGotSoup

IGotSoup Valued Member

Nit pick much? I'm not referencing them to the anal depths of technicality, just what people can find on common food lables. The values are based on serving size.

I lost 30lbs on it in a few months and have kept it off for a year so far.

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

It's not nit picking, and that really isn't me getting technical. I've studied nutrition for over half a decade now and I wanted clarity. 'Serving Size' in itself is a terrible judge of volume, for someone half my size portions won't be equal, this is why the basics of any reduction diet is caloric intake. Low carb helps a lot with this, blood sugar is more stable and people tend to eat less if they aren't measuring, I won't go into too much detail since you don't like it but hormones are better on this kind of diet for controlling hunger.

I'm not criticizing the efficacy of the diet, and congratulations on your weight loss, but there is no cookie cutter diet that fits everyone. I do well on low carb but I know plenty that don't, this is why calories are so important.

3. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

Can I do it with this and vodka?
    [​IMG]

4. _sam_

_sam_ Valued Member

Run 2-3 times per week, doesnt matter how far, build it up or start off with hill sprints, step runs etc. (i'd still do these too anyway) plus do circuit training on running days. (you could combine both with spartan runs) ive got a training log over on eastside boxing which covers what cardio stuff i was doing when i was recovering from an injury and couldnt lift weights or train for a month, which might give you some ideas.

Barbell complexes are good too, the bear complex in particular. but i swear by running to keep the fat off. drink loads of water too. my old boxing coach used to say i could pretty much eat what i wanted as long as i trained hard and drank 6-7 litres of water per day. seemed to work for me, i have a ***** metabolism, but always boxed at super middle (from age 17 to 33)

5. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

nah thats only 8 packs.
    you need ten, and lots of crabs.

6. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Not the best way, but definetely the fastest way, have you considered liposuction?

7. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

ok, i myself went from 16 stones 7lbs to 14 stones 2 lbs. however i did it over a length of time. thing is.... at first the weight flew off... then it got harder and harder.... i got to 15 stones 2lbs and got 'stuck' i was alredy doing tkd 3 times a week when i was over 16stones and to be honest that was like 5 hours of tkd... and that wasn't shifting it. to get to the 15 stones mark i firstly cut out late night meals - i mean i stopped eating after like 8pm, cos i used to eat a meal like 9/10pm and generally it was a takeout. so i stopped takeaways for a while. baring in mind i ate them almost once every single day. i also joined the gym, was hard to get into a routine at that stage but i starting seeing results from increasing my cardio, my fitness improved tonnes and weight fell.
    once i was around 15 stones i wanted to drop more, what did i do? i trained for longer, increased my gym days and actually got into a proper routine. my taekwondo stayed at 3 days but one of the was training with the national squad and that in itself was a killer workout. also having a proper gym schdule meant i was training at least 5 times a week mostly 6 - thats double what i was doing. so i got to just over 14 now. to be honest i tried a few fat burners etc, but i saw no improvements. and the thing is i feel like i have achieved alot going from about 106kgs to about 91kgs. i want to lose more, and will eventually start changin up my routine and getting a proper 'diet' as in eating more of the right stuff and less of the crap. i wont lie to u - going from 106 - 91 didnt happen over night or in a matter of a few months - that took me over a year. probs 18 months. however its stayed off.
    good luck with ya weight loss.