Best place for wrestling?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by furinkazan, Nov 2, 2014.

1. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

I'm looking to spend some time after I graduate travelling and training in different martial arts for a while. I've made a list of everything I want to train in and where I can as far as things I want to give a hand at and any instructor courses or places where I can go and train for a few months in asia

Since Im working on my Hung Gar and Capoiera right now while I study, since I don't know where I will be living in two years time, I've been thinking of checking the wrestling and Muay Thai scenes. Tiger MT looks quite promising (and they have other stuff as well), but I was wondering about wrestling, anywhere in the UK or US I should consider looking at when I get around to my eventual travels?

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

MMA gyms in America, but from what I remember tiger MT has a great wrestling coach too.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

America had pretty much everywhere. Russia has sambo, and in Wiggan you can learn CACC!

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

LAW in London (South Kensington). Full of old school Eastern European and middle eastern wrestlers and cheap for a session too.

You would need to narrow down your travel plans tho.

5. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I was gonna suggest Iran and Russia! :hat:

6. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Uzbekistan

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Kushti pits

8. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

tempting, but Im not a y-fronts kinda person :)

9. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Turkey! The only place where oiled men in leather pants, wrestling in the grass is a cultural heritage.

10. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

If you're in the southwest US, try Megaton BJJ in Phoenix. I haven't tried it personally, but he has a great rep and the club's team tends to do well. If you're into Japanese/Okinawan arts, Arizona Budokan is awesome. Shihan Crosswell is highly decorated in karate, kobudo, and Japanese sword. (I'm biased because I train there, though :hat: )