Best LEGAL self defense weapon to carry?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Adam, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Jewbacca

Jewbacca New Member

You don't even need a piercing horn or taper. If you know how to use the cane well enough, you can take someone with a blade down without any problem. I doubt you can carry a piercing weapon (even if it's a cane) on an airplane.

2. Mu4D'D1b

Mu4D'D1b New Member

I'm a user of Kubotan and i was thinking it was the best legal self-defense weapon...but the pliers.....lollll

Just imagine the pain....ouch

3. Sparkz2k3

Sparkz2k3 New Member

i got a question if you got caught with nunchaku on you would saying that they are for practice use like in circus shows but on the streets a good excuse?

4. shonuff

shonuff New Member

Maglite or Surefire flashlight. (a sub for pocket stick)
    Comb or brush. (a sub for pocket stick)
    Kubotans (often overlooked here in the US.)
    Fountain pens. (sub for pocket sticks, stabs nasty)
    flute (www.stickman-escrima.com)
    cane (preferrably with nice and hard brass handle)
    belt (you can use it to trap weapons and choke)
    fan (tessen. but you can only justify it if it's hot. Metal fans are kind of suspicious. too)
    Derby and **** canes are just as good as crook canes.
    Chop sticks

5. Eero

Eero Valued Member

Why would you like to carry a weapon?

6. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Stray Dogs and Coyotes.
    Thats my excuse.

7. Shaolin Dragon

Shaolin Dragon Born again martial artist

Only if you could prove that you were on your way to practice (you wouldn't be allowed to practice just anywhere) and even then, if you used them on someone, even in self defence, the law would almost certainly come down against you.

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Probably my key ring other than my body...

9. Shade

Shade New Member

I would happily lay money on the fact that you WOULD be arrested and charged with anything from GBH/ABH to attempted murder.

FFS people get arrested and put in prison for defending their own homes against burglars.

Can you imagine what would happen to you if you used a weapon, particularly an illegal one, in a fight in a public place? The Home Office would have a field day.

10. chicken

chicken New Member

In the uk thugs do as they like, carry what they like, while the law kisses their ****. If I walloped one of them I'd expect mine to be kissed too.

11. Shade

Shade New Member

Well it would be, but by Mr Big your new cell mate ;)

12. Syd

Syd 1/2 Dan in Origami

= Common sense; don't be where the trouble is.

13. Sparkz2k3

Sparkz2k3 New Member

i heard nunchakus were legal in the uk but you have to have them in a lockable bag like a rucksack and if you tell your local police department your going to be practicing in public and where your ok to do so.

14. Shaolin Dragon

That's all true, but it still wouldn't excuse you using them on someone.

Shade, nunchacku aren't prohibited wapons, they are offensive weapons, but anything can be.

Prohibited weapons:
    (a) a knuckleduster, that is, a band of metal or other hard material worn on one or more fingers, and designed to cause injury, and any weapon incorporating a knuckleduster;
    (b) a swordstick, that is, a hollow walking-stick or cane containing a blade which may be used as a sword;
    (c) the weapon sometimes known as a "handclaw" , being a band of metal or other hard material from which a number of sharp spikes protrude, and worn around the hand;
    (d) the weapon sometimes known as a "belt buckle knife" , being a buckle which incorporates or conceals a knife;
    (e) the weapon sometimes known as a "push dagger" , being a knife the handle of which fits within a clenched fist and the blade of which protrudes from between two fingers;

(f) the weapon sometimes known as a "hollow kubotan" , being a cylindrical container containing a number of sharp spikes;

(g) the weapon sometimes known as a "footclaw" , being a bar of metal or other hard material from which a number of sharp spikes protrude, and worn strapped to the foot;
    (h) the weapon sometimes known as a "shuriken" , "shaken" or "death star" , being a hard non-flexible plate having three or more sharp radiating points and designed to be thrown;
    (i) the weapon sometimes known as a "balisong" or "butterfly knife" , being a blade enclosed by its handle, which is designed to split down the middle, without the operation of a spring or other mechanical means, to reveal the blade;
    (j) the weapon sometimes known as a "telescopic truncheon" , being a truncheon which extends automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to its handle;
    (k) the weapon sometimes known as a "blowpipe" or "blow gun" , being a hollow tube out of which hard pellets or darts are shot by the use of breath;
    (l) the weapon sometimes known as a "kusari gama" , being a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a sickle;
    (m) the weapon sometimes known as a "kyoketsu shoge" , being a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a hooked knife;
    (n) the weapon sometimes known as a "manrikigusari" or "kusari" , being a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at each end to a hard weight or hand grip

15. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

*whistles innocently, and sidles away from any nearby police*

16. shonuff

shonuff New Member

the problem with anti-MA weapon laws is that the weapons they ban are no more dangerous than many everyday object. The nunchuks are only banned because of their portrayel in films. Politicians think that by banning these weapon it makes the populous feel more secure.

Pocket knives are still legal as long as they aren't spring loaded or butterfly knives. It's still impossible to ban staves since any long stick can be used as one. It's impossible to ban crowbars, baseball bats, chains, fountain pens, pocket sticks.

A thick metal chain is just as dangerous as a nunchuk but if a police officer stops you and finds it in your car, he can't arrest you or cite you. You can justify it's presense by saying you use to lock up your bike and forgot you left it inside. YOu can't do that with a nunchuk even though a simple chain is just as dangerous. A police officer finds a nunchuk in your trunk, you still get cited for possession. Kind of stupid. A thick chain can be used as a nunchuck.

Fountain pens can be used as stabbing weapons.

Many lockback knives can be drawn as quickly as switch blades.

A pocket stick is just as good as a brass knuckle and even more versatile.

Shuriken aren't even lethal!!! Why are they even banned? In ancient japan they were laced with poison in order to kill because shuriken are only capable to dealing superficial wounds. Throwing them also requires great amount of skill. Crooks are better off using BB guns.

17. Shade

Shade New Member

Is all a bit bizarre to be sure. I can walk down the street carrying an iron and no-one would turn a hair. It could still be used to kill someone with though.

For some strange reason I have a fondness for my wife's rolling pin; the way the handle fits so nicely in my grip, and it is nice and solid made out of wood. Bet i'd get done carrying that down the street though (unless I was Jamie Oliver or someone of that ilk).

18. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

at my old school and new one everything can be made and has been made into a weapon. they banned rubberbands and paperclips from students so i say if you can make it hurt effectively. then its a weapon. preferably your hands

19. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

I keep on seeing "knuckledusters". Those are like brass knuckles. To get the same effect, wear big rings like class rings, army rings, wedding rings, etc.

20. Shaolin Dragon

Those skipping ropes with the wooden handles would legally fall into category (n) in the list above, but nobody would stop you from owning or using one.