best ima teacher in sydney

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by johann, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johann

johann New Member

whats the verdict?

2. Bruce_Wee

Bruce_Wee New Member

3. Kat

Kat Valued Member

:rolleyes:
    Best at what?
    Being a teacher?
    Makeing money?
    Wearing Baggy Uniforms?
    Most boasts of defeating other styles?
    Most put downs of other styles?
    I am unsure of your motivations for asking this question,considering that most would say there present teacher.
    Great to see another Sydney Lad online.

4. Adc

Adc Valued Member

So many Sydney People so few of us meeting :cry:
    Uni holidays coming up for me,PM us for a push, a chat or a drink.

5. johann

johann New Member

ok real simple, in your opinion and experience who would you say is the best or a good internal arts teacher in sydney.

6. Mad-about-Bagua

Mad-about-Bagua Valued Member

Hard to say who's the best, but IMHO, I nominate William Ho among the best

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15132

....because he is very humble, very approachable and his explanations are very clear and practical. He learnt it from his father and mother , and so "inherited" all secret teachings ( if any). Yes, his mom ( Tai Chi) received a Sydney Police commendation for apprehending a snatch robber....at 70 !

He teaches Bagua , Yang Tai Chi and Chinese Kick boxing ( Xanda) and some Chin Na.
    No Hsing Yi unfortunately

7. johann

johann New Member

how many people train xanda with him?

8. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Anyone want to meet up before the end of July? I'm getting married in late June then heading to Melbourne to live, but I'm keen to meet any Sydneysiders for some Yum Cha before then.

Also, just a reminder that if you had the names of any great IMA teachers in Melbourne, it'd be much appreciated

9. Adc

Adc Valued Member

Yep, into that, am basically free after 27/6.
    Anything envolving food is good for me.

10. nzric

OPEN INVITATION

Saturday, 10th of July
    Chinatown
    Approx. 12:00 noon at a decent eatery yet to be decided

Anyone welcome (you know who we mean)

Bring ideas and any good info you want to share. Don't bring sarcasm or an attitude.

Either that or we can meet at a car park at midnight and fight each other to see who's style is best.

11. Azrael

Azrael Fighting Spirit

So many respectable internal masters in Sydney, it's hard to say who is the best. Sun Da Fa comes to mind, as does John Fung, Kingsley Fong, and my own shifu, Yang Zhen Hua. All very good in their own individual ways.

Damn, missed it!

12. nzric

Dude, July is next month!

13. Adc

Adc Valued Member

I'm free and I'm in, email or PM me closer to the date.

14. johann

johann New Member

thanks for the help guys :)

15. milchy

milchy New Member

woohoo!

More sydney people!

I'll definately be there!

16. Adc

Adc Valued Member

Location?
    How about Kam Fook in Chinatown for a Yum chat?
    Or a coffee shop if you want something cheaper.

17. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Mi teacher has learned from this Grandmaster. So I am lucky of learning from a direct lineage:

http://www.chenxiaowang.com

He lives in Sydney area.

乾杯

18. Azrael

Azrael Fighting Spirit

From what I understand, Chen Xiao Wang's actual home is in Ryde, but he is only ever there one day out of a year, as he spends all of his time traveling the world teaching his families lineage of taiji. Unless of course you mean your teacher, who is a student of Chen Xiao Wang, lives in Sydney?

At the end of the day, and for whatever reason, whether it be humble or fantastical, everybody is going to think that their shifu is far superior in some sense or another. This is obvious, cause if there was such a superior teacher in Sydney, we'd probably all be his or her studnet. There are alot of internal martial arts in Sydney who are considered to be highly respected... San Da Fa, William Ho, Fong Lee, Kingsley Fong, my shifu Yang Zhen Hua etc etc There are heaps of them! A few dodgy players to be sure, but alot of good martial artist. Who can whup who? Only one real way to find out, and when it comes down to that, all the lineage, certificates, reputation, students, yadda yadda in the world won't do anybody much good. Needless to say, such a thing is not going to happen. At the end of the day, there is no best teacher, only the one who best suits you... thats why you train under them. Basic sense tells us that ones teacher cannot give you there kung fu, they can only help you develop your own. As such, the best shifu in Sydney is the one best suited to you as an individual. Hahaha, for better or for worse!

19. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

If I remember Ron Goninan also lives in sydney... he teaches Shaloin White Crane and Okinawan Crane style and karate systems. both internal and external. If you go to sydney, he's person to meet up and talk to.
    -TkdWarrior-

20. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

Exactly, that's why My "Kungfu" is Taekwon-Do.
    -TkdWarrior-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.