Best and Worst Uniforms/Gi's in MA?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MarcoPolo, Aug 1, 2005.

1. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo New Member

Maybe a bit controversial, but who do you feel has the best and worst uniforms/gi's/dogi's, etc. in the Martial Arts?

This is completely subjective as some people like it flashy and others more traditional.

I would have to vote for:

Best: Something about a broken-in White Judo gi. I also think that Blue Gi's (a la BJJ/Judo) are really nice with the right color belt (i.e. BLACK). And although it's not my cup of tea, the Aikidoka in their Hakama are very distinctive.

Worst: Any american flag gi (a la tournament forms), anything with flames!
    And probably the worst... The Kuk Sool Won uniforms. What is that thing, a dickie?

2. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

kung fu and akido look the coolest to me.

with MT all i get are some dorky shorts

3. baubin2

baubin2 New Member

HEY!!!

Nah, that's okay. They do look kinda silly. Yes, it is a dickie (I tease my instructor by calling it a bib :D). But nobody wears those except black belts, and then only during stuff like tournaments, promotions, etc. For the most part, KSW people wear plain black uniforms, usually with a few patches sewn on. Which I like better than the white uniforms, because they're much harder to get dirty. A major plus when you're doing front rolls in a field in middle of summer :)

4. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

Ninjas have the best outfits.

[​IMG]

edit:

Are you talking about THESE????

[​IMG]

Those are TIGHT. (seriously)

YAY THE FORUM WORKS AGAIN! :) :rolleyes: :love: :cool: :Alien: :p :Angel: ;) :woo: :D :confused: :bang: :eek: :cry: :eek:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
  5. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo New Member

As long as you get the Yves Edwards shorts with the Smiley face on them!

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Your joking right?

7. soon

soon New Member

Best by far.....

[​IMG]

Sumo kex, the ladies love 'em!!!

8. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Don't mind the uniform.....mind the individual inside of it :rolleyes: ;) :)

9. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

LOL :p

Too bad you didn't throw one up of Fat ******* in it :eek: :D

10. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

i love hakama, yukata, kimono, haori, etc.. basically anything traditional involving hakama lol (within reason)

11. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

I see your sumo and raise you a savate for worst uniform
    [​IMG]

12. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Best: traditional Kung Fu.

Worst: Modern Wu Shu. Whoever came up with bouncing around in faux silk pajaymas needs a serious day with the "Queer Eye" crew!

13. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

Taekwondo (both ITF and WTF) uniforms are very comfortable. I'm also a fan of hakamas.

14. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

Um, a yukata is a bath robe...

15. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

Not necessarily. It's just a light kimono worn in summer. It's sometimes used as a bath robe, but it's worn on many other occassions as well. Still, it's not involved with hakama, and I don't think it's something you'd wear in the dojo.

16. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

17. Unisonus

Unisonus Bloody Rare, Please

Hands down the best outfit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And you can't argue with the color.

18. soon

soon New Member

I think you win, but maybe this 'wrasslin' singlet is a close second:

[​IMG]

19. soon

soon New Member

:eek:

Yer not getting yer hands down my best outfit! Weirdo!

20. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAA.....they might kick my butt, but are they funny looking. I think I like the hakamas best and until I saw that picture of the savate guys, the worst is any gi/dobok covered in patches. I've seen them with literally 10-15 patches/stripes/ etc....