Belt Embroidery

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Saz, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Does anyone know of a good place to get a colored belt embroided, and how much it would cost? I can't remember where, but I've seen some on various sites for around £15 for a colored belt, plus your name in Japanese and your style embroided on to it. I'm likely to be on my next belt for a long time, probably 12 -18 months if I'm lucky, so its not a bad investment.

2. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

be careful on the places you choose. I got my belt from a place on the net and i have found out that what the put on there was NOT my name. So i would like a find a good place as well.

3. waya

waya Valued Member

I know of some places in the US and Canada, one I can't remember offhand but all my belts there have been good. Golden Tiger did great work on one of my BB's also. Let me look for the names tonight and I'll post again lol

Rob

4. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

Hiya,

Completely off the subject but I just noticed that you're in Cardiff. Have you ever trained with Sensei Ken Tucker at the Talysbont (however you spell it) Sports Center? He teaches Ao Denkou Jitsu and I guarantee you'll have a good (and useful) time.

5. waya

waya Valued Member

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Hi Matt,
    I've never trained with Sensei Tucker, but I have heard of Ao Denkou Jitsu before and it seems interesting. Have you trained in it before? I'd be interested to hear from someone who's had first hand experience of the art

Sarah

7. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

Hiya,

Yes I used to train with Sensei Tucker once every three weeks (driving up from Exeter). He teaches classes on Fridays at 7.30pm (I think) and is the postmaster (electronic) for the University.

Basically, Ao Denkou Jitsu is based on your core system (whatever that core system is) and the utilisation of bunkai found within the kata of that system, pressure points, stick fighting etc. You can see more about it at http://www.ao-denkou-kai.org (site is quite out of date) or read a more succint version on my site under Associations at http://www.practical-martial-arts.co.uk.

Sensei Tucker is great to learn under and the class is small enough that you practically get one-one tuition with a (I think) 3rd/4th Dan.

I really recommend you contact him and give it a go. Either that or you could attend one of Prof Rick Clark's seminars (he's the founder of the association). Sensei Tucker will be hosting him in November some time.

8. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Thanks Matt, he must be good if its worth a drive up from Exeter! I've just emailed him to ask for more details.

9. Jim

Jim New Member

Belts...

I just had some belt embroidery done and all up it cost me AU$16- (in your currency I think that works out to be about a half-penny :D )

Let me know if you want one done with all details (ie. colour, inscription, etc.) and I'll see what I can do.

It's not what you know, it's the friends you know...