Bellator 138

Discussion in 'MMA' started by belltoller, May 28, 2015.

1. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Anyone planning on seeing that one?

I'm intrigued to see Ken Shamrock - a man who's just a bit over 30 days older than I - fight.

Supposedly special medical testing will be necessary for he and Kimbo (41) to obtain their licenses.

What sort of "extra" medical testing would be involved, I wonder.

I've to say, from the video clip of a couple of months ago - Ken sure looks...developed for a 51 year old.

Hmmm....hmmm....hmmmm

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOseezudhvY"]Seth Petruzelli Telling Ken Shamrock How To Win Against Kimbo Slice - YouTube[/ame]

2. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

He and Bob Sapp might have the same Tijuana pharmacy on speed dial.

3. belltoller

LOL! Man, split my sides, thanks for that. :D

Supposedly they're getting the works - out of comp, random, etc - I don't know; these fellows all seem to know how to cycle or whatever they do.

4. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Yeah, i really don't know what the deal is, i mean, Shammy has been juicing for years, so he's probably an old hand at it, if he hasn't found a bit of new technology that testing hasn't caught up with, but just looking at him, you have to wonder how anyone could think he isn't on his bike, especially at his age.

5. belltoller

Those are some serious guns there. I'd be lying if I said I warn't envious.

Day off - time to go curl my 25lb er's :mad:

6. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Shamorock just looks like someone you shouldn't mess with. He looks in great shape.

Baza

7. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Curl as you may, your gonna need at least some creatine to start looking that swole.

8. belltoller

By the looks of things, I'm gonna need a lot more 'n that

[​IMG]

9. belltoller

Apparently, Kimbo is the betting favourite - seriously?

Just because Shammy is 51?

Who's gonna gas first ?

[​IMG]

10. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Ah man, that was one of the worst fights in history. Alexander Houston v Slice was supposed to be a big brawl and catapault both guys back in the limelight.
    Instead Houston for the first time ever decided to step sideways and throw leg kicks and gas himself out, whilst Kimbo got tired walking after Houston and at times getting up from the floor.

Saying that though, Ken's chin is made out of sugar glass now.

11. belltoller

That's been apparent going back to his fight with R. Franklin.

So, who do you have? Think Kimbo to find the sweet-spot early or do you think Shamrock's going to manage "some of sort of baseball-slide ankle-lock type thing", as Franklin put it?

=========
    Why do I care about what so many have described in very disrespectful terms as a joke-freakshow?

I canna help but have a great deal of admiration for a man the same age as I who competes in a very brutal sport.

He's in fantastic shape, regardless of what anyone says.

Scene's from Shamrock's Open Workout of the past day or two...

I like the way he conserves his energy - doesn't succumb to the temptation of putting on a show full of lightning quick jabs and round kicks which might indicate he's in tune with reality.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIvWdb7nsQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIvWdb7nsQ[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  12. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

So, what's the action here? Kimbo by wild looping overhand, or Kenny boy by some sort of soccer tackle/leg lock maneuver?

13. belltoller

As much as I'd like to think Ken would get a sub - I think Kimbo having been more active (boxing) over recent years will shut his lights off as Shammy goes for a leg one-time too many after he's winded and slower.

Not going to be a pretty fight - cor blind me - I'm just watching to see how a 51 year old looks in the cage

14. belltoller

I'm actually surprised that I'm quite pleased with how the fight ended [​IMG]

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

16. belltoller

As in 'graft'? 'bent'?

17. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Shoot = unplanned / real, I.e. shoot wrestling = real wrestling
    Work = planned / not real / get paid 'extra'

18. Dead_pool

19. belltoller

Well...outside of letting go of a perfectly good rnc, the takedown being a bit...easy (even for Kimbo) what makes you think it fixed?

Not necessarily disagreeing

There was a point where it looked a bit like Kimbo was tapping - I thought he'd tapped out - maybe that's when Shamrock let go some.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  20. Dead_pool

Everything looked fake, bellator have a history in faking kimbofights, and Ken needs the money.

The takedown looked fake
    The letting go of the easy finish looked fake
    The ko looked fake
    The speed of the action looked fake
    The combination of events. (I.e. the story) looked fake

And now Ken might be having a rubber match with Royce under bellator, which would be payback for his loosing.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015