Behind the Sparkle

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

So, as I've been asked a many times in chat . . . why such a gay name for a guy?! Well, it is not a gay name ( not to be confused by twinkle, or TWINKLE . . . for I am not either a fairy, or a large fairy ahem*chimp*ahem ), in fact, there are many reason why it is not a "gay" name.

Here are a few:

Sparkle contains the word Spark, spark comes from two things banging together, or something powerfull like electricity, totally a "manly" thing.

Sparkle also contains the word Spar, a word that is just manly due to it's nature, fighting.

Sparkle contains ark, a big boat . . . manly word, guys love boats, they do their fishing in them.

The last word that Sparkle has in it, is spa. Now, this can be a feminine place, but that is what makes it so "manly." For at the spa, all the pretty ladies get their pretty things done, thus a place most guys would LOVE to be eh?

So in conclusion, Sparkle, is a very manly word.

So why sparkle you ask? It still seems kinda stupid, to call yourself that. Well, we cannot make these judgments without first understanding the sparkle. It is an idea, not a word. It is also not JUST Sparkle, it is "Sparkle, sparkle." It originated in the mind of a very bored/crazy individual in a little town high school. The meaning of Sparkle, sparkle . . . is absolutely nothing.

Yet, it means everything. It is something to explain the unexplainable.

" What is the answer to life? " . . . Sparkle, sparkle.

"What do you think of this dress, does it make me look fat?" Sparkle, sparkle. ( with a shrug maybe )

or it can be a great comeback that makes the person who is yelling at you take a pause and wonder what the heck you are talking about . . .

" You are the dumbest individual in the entire world! >: O " . . . Sparkle, sparkle. ( Really, what are they going to say back huh? I've used this a few times and nobody had anything to say back, it's good stuff I tell you. )

Now, Sparkle, sparkle does not just have to be sparkle, sparkle. It has actually caught on into being even more ( not on MAP, not yet . . . maybe not ever ) where I live at. In order to do a "sparkle, sparkle" you only need to have a two syllable word, and repeat it twice. ( a friend of mine is exempt from this, because he follows directly with " shine, shine " and it just sounds really cool, he's the only one syllable though )

Some examples . . . " Bubble, bubble " " Sizzle, sizzle " and " Wobble, wobble " ( These are actually the three founding words from other people aside from the original Sparkle, sparkle in which I created. ) You can have your own word too, just make sure it is two syllables in one word, repeated twice.

Now, what do you do with your word? If somebody says either a repeated two syllable word to you, or " Sparkle, sparkle " . . . why, just repeat your two syllable word twice right back at them. Trust me, this will cause so much confussion in a conversation with a person not in the loop that it's just . . . well . . . . good stuff. Or it is just a friendly way to say hello.

Thus the history of Sparkle for all the sceptics/critics out there wondering "why". Peace, godbless, and Sparkle, sparkle.

:cool:

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

sparkle is also an anagram for rap elks. That's some gangsta mammal right there.

3. The Black Tiger

The Black Tiger New Member

That was the hugest explanation of nothing I've ever seen in my life. I loved it :D

4. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

That's because 'the Sparkel which may be explained is not the true Sparkle.'

5. Ero-Sennin

:woo: I had to bring it down to some sort of level. By understanding it on a slight level, one can begin to grasp the larger picture of the Sparkle. :cool:

6. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

You forgot "park". Neither particularly manly nor feminine, but a great place to hang out in the summer.

Interesting read, by the way. ;)

Wombat wombat.

7. Ero-Sennin

Ah! I did, how foolish of me :bang:

Nice word by the way :woo:

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I always assumed that it was a cunningly concealed reference to Arkle, the great racehorse.

9. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

my sister used to have her msn name as sparkle. she was 13 at the time ;)

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

How old is she now?

And did she move to Florida?

11. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

lol :p

sorry spark but despite all your reasoning it is still the kind of name a fairy would have.

12. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

That's rather a homophobic comment! Or did you mean fairy in the Christmas tree sense?

13. Ero-Sennin

Not the name of a fairy! A fairy would be named Tinkerbell, Tink, Bell, Finkle, whatever, but not Sparkle! Sparkle the fairy?! And even if it was, it would be a warrior king fairy named spark! or sparks! Not sparkle! >: O

You poor lost souls who cannot understand the sparkle . . . :cool:

Sparkle, sparkle

14. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

lol im only joking mate. i am hardly the master of names :D however starting a thread about it was just asking for trouble :cool:

johnno, i meant like the ones who live at the bottom of my garden

15. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

So Sparkle would be a rock-hard tattooed skinhead MA'ist fairy then? :D

16. Ero-Sennin

Lol, it is in the Jokes section you know :rolleyes:

17. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

You have gay squatters inhabiting your garden? :confused:

18. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

yeah one or two. we applied to the council to get them removed but gay rights and all that.

19. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Equal rights, mate, equal rights.

Ones sexual orientation should not have any bearing on ones right to occupy a suburban garden in the midlands. (Although the legality of squatting is another matter entirely.)

20. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Just curious, how much weight are these gay fairies squatting, and are they ATG squatters?

:cool: