BEGAINER

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by #1fighter, Sep 28, 2009.

1. #1fighter

#1fighter New Member

:bang:I'M 22 I'VE BEING FIGHTING SINCE 5 YEARS OLD BUT I STARTED FIGHTING AS A WAY TO RELEASE MY FRUSTRATION I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO LEARN SOME TYPE OF MARTIAL ART BUT NEVER GOT A CHANCE RECENTLY I'VE STARTED TRAINING MY SELF FROM INSTRUCTION BOOKS BY STARTING OUT WITH SOME BASIC LEG STRECHING AND KICKS BUT JUST LONGING FOR SOME GOOD ADVICE UNTIL I CAN START ATTENDING A MMA SCHOOL WHICH I THINK IS BETTER FOR A PERSON SUCH AS ME...

2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

LERN 2 TIPE [​IMG]

Well that's my advice anyway.

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

No caps it's considered shouting on the internet. Where are you from? Maybe we can help with your search for a gym.

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

he's been fighting since he was 5?

5. #1fighter

#1fighter New Member

Your right maybe i do, i'm not looking to get into any confrontations, also thank you for the advice on typing. Yes five it started in school and have been fighting ever since, you would to growing up in the projects with a junkie mother and no father. I'm from the Bronx New York any way, i started self training because i don't have the money to commit to any martial arts schools and i taught it would be good disipline for myself.

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

ah.

it's all in the details :)

well, you seem to have taken the initiative, that's good!

any pursuit that you like will likely help you with what you need; the key is to find something you can dedicate yourself to, and then do it!

in any case, good luck, dude

7. Moi

Where is Mai Tai from?

8. #1fighter

#1fighter New Member

The intruction books i have speak about karate which was develop in Okinawa. ryu-ha is a japanese martial arts. taekwondo kung fu, Tai-chi chung, hsing-i, pa-kua, wu shu, which are chinse martial arts. jujitsu judo, and aikido also shotokan. i think its from china though.

9. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

what ? a?

Would you mind typing all that again please? It doesn't make sense.

Oh by the way ryu-ha isn't a martial art in itself, if that's what you think? In a traditional sense it's almost like an organisation in which a specific style or tradition is passed on and contained but more complex than that brief description I’ve just given.

10. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

If you have been fighting since five years old I would imagine you are pretty good at it it.

I think it is a martial DISCIPLINE that you need.

Almost any of the traditional japanese arts should give you this.

11. Moi

Sorry that wasn't directed at you. Mai Tai is a Map member from New York. He trains in muay thai, boxing and MMA. He might be useful to you.

12. #1fighter

#1fighter New Member

Thank you my mistake it does say that in the book, and i think i fight well but its street fighting or brawling i would think, a martial DISCIPLINE and technique is what i'm looking for.

13. #1fighter

#1fighter New Member

Not to sound ungreatful but i just saw a thread started by Mai Tai it asked if you like to fight? the truth is i don't, i enjoy competition or a good challenge even, but i'm looking for discipline do you really think he could help me?

14. Moi

Oh yes. He loves to fight but has found an acceptable avenue in which to do it. If you are naturally adept at fighting then MMA or Thai Boxing, even boxing, is the way forward. You will still get the discipline but in another way. If you can't follow rules well then an art that rewards you with a bruise or a bloody nose when you cok-up is a better learning tool.

15. liero

liero Valued Member

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

check out the forums and hopefully find someone you can train with.

If you cant afford training cost, visit various gyms/dojos/dojangs/training centers, most places give at least one free lesson, so you can go check them out and then get some ideas for your individual training and then move onto the next one ;)

16. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Welcome mate, good luck with your search. :)