Be Wrong, The Right Way

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by GSHAMBROOKE, Mar 18, 2014.

1. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

I found this to be a very interesting article, I would if being honest have to say that this article would describe myself and probably just about everyone else on this forum, although having said that I do most of the time try to research a lot of the stuff that I post if I have no experience first hand of the subject because I know that I would be picked to bits like a flock of sea gulls around a peace of fried fish by some of the brains on here.

http://youngausskeptics.com/2014/03/be-wrong-the-right-way/

2. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

I'm always right, even when I'm wrong.

3. GSHAMBROOKE

Then you would be wrong, Ha Ha.

4. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

Maher was wrong?
    And I have used his argument so many times in discussions with christians..
    So I was wrong the wrong way eh? Daamn it!

5. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Is it just me or should the article be named "How to be better at being right" ?

6. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Yes, he was wrong. The Zeitgeist I film makes the same claims he did-which have been refuted by a number of people.

7. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

Some people I know could really benefit from reading that.

8. GSHAMBROOKE

You and me both, but even if they did read it there are some people that I know that I distance my self from for such reasons that this would be wasted on, denial is their problem.

9. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Would this make you Right or Wrong? :D

10. 8limbs38112

8limbs38112 Valued Member

Nice article. Oh, and yes Maher was wrong. They made these claims in a few documentaries, Hidden Colors 2, Religilous, and Zeitgeist. When I watched the documentaries, I brought the information to an Egyptologist PhD at my University and he confirmed that the claims they made weren't true. Which is why, it is important not to believe everything you see in most documentaries. Oh, ell.

11. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

Rightfully wrong!

12. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Nice article - the people who read it are the people who probably are open to the idea of being wrong and the people who don't read it... Well they KNOW they are right :)

13. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

What if you read half of it and then got bored?

14. GSHAMBROOKE

Im surprised that all the people that think that their option's are usually more right them most haven't commented or am I wrong about that?

15. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

Then clearly you don't care; so right and wrong are irrelevant :p.