BBC3 Programme - Mind, Body & Kick-Ass Moves

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by CFT, Aug 4, 2004.

1. LJoll

LJoll Valued Member

Exactly. There are 4 TV channels, radio, internet, world service. There news is pretty accurate and they have a lot of good programmes if you look at the right times.

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Not true, it's used on management motivational courses in business. Though I imagine under stricter restrictions.

Mitch

3. juramentado

juramentado lean, mean eating machine

I just saw parts of the Pekiti Tirsia episode on Youtube.com

I present during filming of the Camp Baging Diwa segment (the police camp). It was a terribly hot day and we did knife drills all morning. I have a pic of the segment on my MAP photos.

what the host didn't mention is how the police recruits get back at the neighboring prisoners who **** them off with loud karaoke music. The recruits burn tires and let the dense smoke drift into the prison. :D

The talisman segment is not all the surprising to me. I don't consider myself superstitious but I've seen enough strange things in my country to not believe in some of the old ways.

The poisoned blades segment was quite interesting. I must get one of those for my collection. :D

4. infinafta

infinafta New Member

links to a tonne of clips from the show and some full episodes here, and descriptions of all the masters that appear in it:

http://www.taoofdefiance.com/2006/06/19/mind-body-and-kiss-ass-moves/

I thought the show was of pretty uneven quality.. A lot of good stuff, with a bit of "what the?!" and too much crap from Crudelli going "hey, you know you can do this to protect yourself in this situation'.. then spending 5 mins demonstrating only to finish with "but don't ever try that because you're not a martial artist".

the dim muk guy was intrigueing..and the Phillipino knife and machete masters seemed to be the most hardcore.

5. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

The producer of the show is Will Henshaw and one of my taiji students, he's launching the World of Martial Arts broadband tv channel in Sept/Oct, you can see the holding pages and some clips here: www.woma.tv