Battlefield: Bad Company demo

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Tatsumaru, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

Anybody been playing this? Its on the xbox live marketplace (and i think PS3 too?) and its pretty good. At times its pure carnage but the destructible environments and the vehicles are great fun, i strongly recommend giving it a try :)

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

My son has been on it for much of the day, graphics are a bit iffy but the game seems to play well.

3. curious

curious Valued Member

It's good but I am disappointed with the destructible environments as they break in a scripted way and the hype before the game suggested they broke differently depending on how and where you hit them. This doesn't seem to be the case as a grenade causes the same damage as a tank shell.

4. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Damn, that's annoying, the pre-release hype had it that they'd come up with something procedural and I was thinking it would be pretty cool to see it in action.

Guess I'm going to just have to spend £2,000 buying a PC that can handle Crysis.

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

yep i downloaded it and I like it. I think the single player is a bit lacking but the multiplayer is a lot of fun.

6. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

I haven't been on live in a few weeks but now I have a reason to. I have been seeing the adds and was wondering about the gameplay. I will check it out this evening.

7. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I have found no fps more fun than cs or quake 3 so I doubt i'll enjoy this which is a shame. I might have to buy a new pc so I can play quake live

8. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

I tried the Quake Wars: Enemy Territory demo (albeit briefly) about a week ago and didn't think it was very good at all! Maybe i'll give it another go at the weekend.