Battlefield 1943 vs. Call or duty (waw)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Vimtoforblood, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Which one to get?

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Any particular reason it's those 2? I didn't think 43 was out yet anyway so how could we decide?

WaW is a good game with some incredibly hard bits if you like to play COD games on veteran (I've got all achievements barring a couple of online ones and the shoot the planes one). Multiplayer is ok but I preferred modern warfare.

If you are looking for a shooter in general then I would maybe look at Rainbow Six Vegas 2, I picked it up for a tenner on play.com a while back, completed the campaign and all terrorist hunts on realistic recently and the multiplayer is bad ass too. Well worth a tenner anyway.

3. No particular reason, was just undecided over those two. Never played CoD. People have recently recommended both 1943 and CoD to me.

1943 is out on Arcade.

Free demo is there too.

Having played the demo, I don't like the control layout - something that you can probably change in the full version.

The full version in 1200 xbox points -so I might give that a go until Left 4 Dead 2 comes out.

Thanks for the tip on Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - will take a look.

Any other FPS recommendations that are good for coop or multiplayer?

Edit: I don't know if it's just me but I've never really liked the EA FPS engine as much as Valves. Just doesn't seem as natural.
    The 1943 demo has a similar feel to what I remember Medal of Honour being like.

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I'd say COD out of the two. I didn't like the controls either in 42 but I'm so used to call of duty its takes a bit for me to get used to new stuff anyway. The problem with cod is the new one comes out in a couple months so I'd say buy something else and wait for that.
    Vegas two is a proper good game and a bit more realistic especially online since you cant take as many shots as most games but the multiplayer got repetitive for me after a little while but for a tenner you can't complain :D
    Other than that though Gears 2 is good co op and single, i dont play the multiplayer much though so i dunno bout that.