Batman

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Slindsay, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Just got to chime in... just bought me self a nice HD 1080p telly 40" and now living the dream/nightmare of going through Batman again.. (previous was a plasma flatty). This game is so pretty

2. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Maybe it was a preorder deal then. I saw different options for stuff like postcards and other stuff you could choose from when preordering. I don't remember who made the game but maybe you should go to their site and see ifthere's a forum there to ask people who might better help.

3. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

The developer was Rock Steady Studios. I had no idea you could play as the Joker on the PS3. I bought mine (with the batarang) on the Xbox360 before I got my PS3. No doubt Microsoft will charge a PHAT wedge for the pleasure of plating the Joker (they charged me 400 points to download Darth Vader for Soul Calibur IV and he turned out to be rubbish... :( ).

Anyway, onto the Joker levels, is it possible that not only do you have to download them, but you also have to unlock something in the main game to be able to access them? :confused:

4. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

I've seen a site saying you needed to find the unlock thing (A Riddler clue perhaps?) to get there, but since I've gotten all the Riddler clues it can't be that... I've not yet completed (I mean 3 bats gained) all the Challenges either, but it surely can't be that..Since that would be stupidly hard to do...Hence my bafflement...All the sites I've seen talking about it make it seem as easy as one download and you're good..But I've done that a load of times and nadda so far..
    Anyone got it on PS3 and found the way to get the downloaded levels to work?

5. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Had a quick look on ze interwebs as I'm sure you have already, but thought sod it. First answer I found says you have to download the Joker Challenge Maps. I thought maybe you were looking for something like "play a Joker dlc". Did you look at the challenge maps?

6. fifthchamber

Yeah...I've done all that sadly...

The challenge maps don't update, so even after I've downloaded all three extra levels, not one will be added to the list of challenges that I have up.. (I've opened them all by finishing parts of the main game)..

The only way I can see would be for the levels to be opened by finishing off all the other challenges..But I can't get three bats for all of them, and so I think that's rather too hard to be the right way to do it..

All I've seen online seems to suggest it's just a download..But I've done that and it doesn't add the levels to the game...

Baffling..

7. fifthchamber

Got it!

I searched the old forums on the Arkham Asylum website...Apparently you can't own a (for example) British version of the game and use an American log in on the Playstation Network to download the add-ons...It won't let you..So, for me (Using an American game but with a British account on PSN) I had to create a new account registered to an address in the USA and download the files there, then start the game again (Since it's a new "user") and the files are all there fine and okay to use...Although now I have to replay the whole game again...Which isn't such a bad thing since the game is brilliant anyway...

Glad that's all sorted...I really hope the address owner doesn't get sent anything claiming to be me though..That might be a bit of an issue..;)

Why you simply can't have just one account name and assign your location anywhere is beyond me...But perhaps that's just sod's law...

Thanks for all the ideas!