Banning all religions.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by GSHAMBROOKE, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

At least it's funny. Even if it is at my expense. Comrade Stalin approves.

2. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Nope, Blade, no elevators in them buildings. It's the thumping of heavy boots on the stairs and a sharp knock on the door you're after.

I've actually heard some morbidly hilarious period jokes about stuff like that but can't remember any of them now... go figure.

3. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

maybe because they're morbid

4. Knight_Errant

Ah, we're fine then.
    I propose a small shrine to comrade Stalin on the homepage.

5. Rand86

^ And creepifyin'. :p

6. Blade96

Amen to that. :p

7. Rand86

Copycat. :p

8. Knight_Errant

No, not 'amen'. 'Amen' is an outdated- and bourgeois- word, belonging to the past of dead religions and kowtowing to the bourgeois. The proletariat must instead say 'long live comrade Stalin'.

9. Blade96

[​IMG]

and proud of it. :p

10. Knight_Errant

In soviet Russia, cats copy machine. Comrade Stalin wills it and it is done.

11. Rand86

Copycat is... okay, I'm out of ideas. Help?

12. Blade96

Life has become gayer, life has become happier.

(one of stalin's many slogans.)

13. Rand86

That's what THEY want you to think. Then they come for you...

Yup, something small and in good taste:

[​IMG]

Wait a minute...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  14. Blade96

very small.

Like this?

[​IMG]

Oops. :p

15. Rand86

Meh. I like mine better.

16. Blade96

Its prettier. :) For sure.

17. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

School cops hate-mail 'barrage'

Anyway here is an article that has some relevance to the original subject, notice how it seems to turn alot of religious zealots rather agressive.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/10313191/school-cops-hate-mail-barrage/

The primary school at the centre of controversy over a decision to drop regular recital of the Lord's Prayer at assemblies has received an "avalanche" of hate mail.

WA Primary Principals Association president Stephen Breen said Edgewater Primary School had been inundated with emails, letters and phone calls since The West Australian revealed the school had suspended the practice.

A number of the emails were vitriolic and hurtful personal attacks on the principal, such as 'I will see you in the grave'," he said.

"It's not very Christian."

Mr Breen said the school had received more than 40 emails and about 20 letters from people unconnected with the school and reception staff were still getting abusive phone calls.

"It was an avalanche," he said.

Principal Julie Tombs would not comment yesterday but an Education Department spokeswoman confirmed the school was receiving correspondence from people across Australia "expressing their views".

Edgewater dropped its 25-year-old tradition of saying the prayer at fortnightly assemblies because of concerns it went against the Education Act, which says public schools should not promote one religious faith over others.

But it planned to continue using the Lord's Prayer "when appropriate", such as at Christmas and Easter.

Mr Breen said the number of people criticising a school for having a balanced curriculum revealed how intolerant society had become.

Some people had concluded that the decision had been made to cater for children of non-Christian faiths, but that was not the case.

"It actually says something about the community, not about the school," he said.

"It says that we don't seem to be tolerant of other people's beliefs and community-based decisions."

Mr Breen said it was an unfortunate fact that many schools and principals had to put up with similar attacks on other issues.

State School Teachers Union president Anne Gisborne said that public education should not be used to promote any particular religion.
    "There are ways in which government schools can build tolerance and acceptance of other individuals by ensuring that they're respectful of the various practices," she said.

18. Rand86

Don't make me go over there. :p ;)

Like I said, small and in good taste. :Angel:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  19. Knight_Errant

Now, now, don't argue. I'm sure comrade Stalin wants both of your monuments.

20. Rand86

Hey, he's free to drop by and demand them in person at any time. :p