"Ban the Koran"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Verx, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=/ForeignBureaus/archive/200708/INT20070810b.html

Thoughts?

2. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Sounds like the guy is a right regular racist - dutch equivilent of the BNP.

It is really stupid... in Frances case banning signs of religion reduces the sort of first minute judgements people make when they see or meet others which is fair enough - what effect it has goodness knows. In this case they basically want to ban any people of eastern decent and their religions - so much for tolerance heh

3. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

This guy is an idiot if he thinks banning the Koran is the way to lessen Islamic extremism. No chance of this passing.

4. Lucan

Lucan Valued Member

So they're saying to ban it because of the text:

"He said some verses instruct Muslims "to oppress, persecute or kill Christians, Jews, dissidents and non-believers, to beat and rape women and to establish an Islamic state by force."

Well I've never had any muslims try to oppress or kill me for being a non believer in Islam. How about we ban the bible too, for being violent. How about banning all films and books while we're at it.

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Its a good opportunity for the Dutch government to slap him down though.

6. shadow_ronin

shadow_ronin Banned Banned

Lets ban the Koran but not just stop there, ban the bible and any other religious texts as well.

Then the world would truly be a better place :D

7. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

:rolleyes:

If it was anyone else, I would think they're joking. But not you.

8. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Does this guy realise that millions of people read the Koran without feeling the need to blow themselves up? When the odds of anything are that low it's a fair bet there's other factors involved.

9. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Has The Netherlands banned other books?

10. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I laughed out loud when I saw the thread title and the story, then it dawned on me that there seriously was this guy trying to get the koran banned. Jesus allah budha! WTF?

11. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

While what he says is silly, and naive, you have to look at the whole picture.

Humans by nature are afraid of the unknown, of change, and unless much more is done to eradicate division then these types of things are going to happen.

I think the bright sparks who started the whole multicultural ideology and made it happen had a little short fall in this most basic of human understanding.

For centuries (all of human history), humans have divided people because of where they come from, persecuted people with differences, hated the next street down..etc. I could go on with examples of this type of human behavior.

So when someone thought up this multicultural dream was doing that, dreaming.

Ok, people are slightly more civilized nowadays, but there will always be these kinds of hatred, division, and cultural clashes. Heck if the English hate the Scots then its hardly surprising that there are a few tensions when an influx of foreigners turn up on your estate, not speaking any English/or Dutch!. When you have grown up in an area, that has been one way for a long time, your family has lived there for many generations, and suddenly it changes you react in a natural human way, with fear.

What im saying is while i do not agree with this guy at all, i think he is just reacting on basic human instincts. He needs to spend some time with other people, of other creeds.

I think we all do.

12. holyheadjch

I hold no hatred of anyone because of their culture/religion and I am human. The human nature argument doesn't hold water, these divisions in society are a result of ignorance, and I would argue that ignorance is as far from human nature as you can get. A generation ago it was black immigrants who were the victims of this discrimination, now the black community is as guilty as the white community when it comes to victimising the new generation of immigrants, mainly east africans and eastern europeans, in 25 years the Poles, Romanians, Somalians and Bulgarians will be integrated with the exisitng white, black and asian communities in victimising a new set of immigrants, and so on and so forth until there are no new minorities to integrate - then we can live the multicultural dream and fight about something else.

13. Hiroji

I disagree.

I think humans are afraid of the unknown, of change and difference. I didnt specifically mean are afraid of different skin colour/culture, just things that are different. And these things fall into differences. Until people are shown and mix to see there is nothing to be afraid of then the ignorance will pass with the fear. Just like it has in you and me.

You are one who looks at things and isnt naive. Thats what i was getting at.

More people need to mix, spend time looking at things to see that there is nothing to be afraid of.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  14. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Excuse me? Some of us do spend time with people of other creeds, or are at least vaguely informed about and sensitive towards them and I reserve the right to hate this guy for being a moronic son of a dutch pig.

15. Hiroji

I never said you didnt!

And yes i think you do have a right to express your right to hate him, just as some muslims hate on others and he hates on muslims.

16. holyheadjch

Oh right, we pretty much agree then

17. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Ludicrous.

Maybe they should burn some churches too. :rolleyes:

18. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Mein Kampf is Greylisted - you cnba't buy it in a bookstore but you cna get it from a Library for research purposes, or just order from amzon Fr., Amazon Be or amazon UK.

19. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

This guy is an idiot. He seems to be very afraid of things changing in his country.

20. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

So, precedent exists to "greylist" the Koran as well.

Doesn't human behavior dictate that if the Dutch ban it, they make the Koran more popular?