Baloney MA and posts...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by embra, Apr 26, 2011.

1. embra

embra Valued Member

As there seems to have been something of a garbage pandemic recently, particularly in Aikido threads - which may be coming to an end, and in order to keep existing threads kind of on track; a celebration of complete twaddle in MA.

Rebel pointed out that Shoe-do (see the RoadToad kote-gaesh thread for more - http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101220&page=4 post 49) has been noted in garbage MA mags a while back.

Here is my opening gambit. So Moi and other Welsh folk, Im expecting catfulls of abuse on this one. :)

http://www.llapgoch.org.uk/

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's OK I'm a foreigner here :)

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I do not predict good things for this thread, but I'll leave it open and see if anyone suprises me.

4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

6. embra

embra Valued Member

can aliens generate ki morre effectively than us mere mortals?

7. Mitch

8. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

lol... wow.

Questions: do you have to wear a kilt and if it isn't Scottish is it crap?

9. embra

embra Valued Member

The old kilt story. I have only worn a kilt once.

There are different interpretations as to how the kilt changed from the old Braveheart all-in-one cloth; in which one probably did crap in from time to time, and maybe got a wash once a year; to the neat regimental British Army kilt adorned by generations of Highland Regiments - sadly a dying breed now in our world of cutbacks.

One story that does the rounds is that, after Culloden, the Highlanders ran to the hills and stayed there free from the Redcoats.

In time the British Empire expanded and soldiers were needed to combat the ferocity, noise and spirit of natives in Africa and India/Afghanistan. To this end the British Army Generals realised that there was a bloody thirsty, whisky drinking, noisy bagpiping resource on its doorstep, waiting to be tapped into; namely the Highlanders.

The speel (Scottish word for story) goes that the Generals went up to the hills to make a deal with the remnant Jacobite Highlanders in the hills; offering them a job, a wage, alcohol, and to make as much noise as they wanted in battle; BUT the deal was that the old kilt would have to go to be replaced by the now standard military parade kilt, known the world over.

Whether this is baloney or not, no-one knows for sure - but there are various texts pointing at this on internet. So a Kilt thread may eventually spawn its way into MAP land sometime.

10. embra

embra Valued Member

Kilts can be from any origin now, quite legitimately. Historically, some Irish families have Kilts and Tartans of their own.

Im not nationalist, but for me, the all-in-one kilt of Wallace times is the only choice - but Id wash it more often that he got the chance.

11. Mitch

The kilt is a fearsome combat weapon.

Mitch

Attached Files:

12. Moi

I've worn a kilt. It was quite short & very drafty

13. Mitch

How was the kilt?

Mitch

14. Moi

Much the same only better quality material

15. Mitch

:happy: We are MAP's Morecambe and Wise, you know that don't you?

MItch :D

16. Moi

Which one are you? One of them's dead you know? :(

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  17. Mitch

Well I'm still (alive and) kicking :D

Mitch

18. Moi

Crap! :cry:

Thought as much

19. Mitch

On the upside you're the funny one and can do that thing with your glasses. It's just the being dead thing that's an issue...

Mitch

20. Moi

There's worse things than dead I guess. Quando, quando, quando