Balintawak Racists

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by LabanB, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

No calling someone racist is not being racist, unless you use racist language and are derogatory towards the said persons race.

The difference between solicitors and other lawyers can be found here.

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I get the feeling your reading into it what you want in order to defend Bill stupid accusations of racism which it's self is as bad as being racist in my book.

I read Scott's reply as being sarcastic and my following examples where showing other forms of sarcasm.

3. EmptyHandGuy

Not at all, I just read what was written and have said so above. If people put mote thought into what they were posting then situations like this wouldn't arise.
    The accusations would only be stupid if they are proved to be untrue, I have no idea if Bill has any evidence to back up his claims or not.

4. Pat OMalley

I think you'll find falsely accusing some one as being a racist is not exactly legal either.

You defend Bill which is admirable because as you say you know him and don't know the others posting here. Well you see I know Bill too and I know Dave Irwin as well and like I said it is no surprise to me the Bill is spouting this outrageous claim. From my personal experience of Bill he is untrustworthy and quick to try to back stab people in order to boost his own ego.

As for brining a bad name to the FMA and Doce Pares in particular. I think you'll find all that is happening here is Bill is reinforcing his own bad name and reputation nothing more and nothing less.

This is not and inter style thing we are talking of here. This is one person coming on here and making outrageous claims of another being racist in order to cover his own misconduct. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The evidence is right here on this thread that the claims are out and out lies. Mr Irwin's own student who is not White has come on here and told you and everyone else he his anything but racist and if you look at the pictures Mr Irwin posted after the course of his own students you can clearly see they are not all White.

So instead of saying 'what if it's true' which is another way of trying to say it is. Why are you not saying 'what if its not true' and if it isn't surely Bill should be brought to the mark for trying to sully the reputation of another with false accusations.

Surely you should be asking yourself. If it's not true why am I defending him?

Loyalty is one thing. But loyalty at the expense of truth is another matter and is far worse a crime in my book and being the instigator.

For instance. Those who stand by and do nothing and say nothing knowing a hanus crime is being committed are far more guilty than those committing the crime.

5. crystalfist

crystalfist New Member

Whilst pointing out the differences between this and that, perhaps someone needs to point out that 'muslim' is neither a race nor an ethnicity, anyone can be a muslim irrespective of his or her race.

Therefore this does not appear to be an issue of 'race'.

Likewise, we have read posts of support coming from Mr Irwin's Filipino students, surely dispelling any accusations of 'racism'?

6. Pat OMalley

so you don't even know if what Bill says is a lie either so really you should be asking Bill to prove it before insinuating it might be just because Bill says so shouldn't you.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  7. crystalfist

crystalfist New Member

An interesting point.

Let's assume for a moment that Bill's post was made with the noblest of intentions, to inform and warn an unsuspecting public of something which Bill clearly feels passionate about.

One has to ask then, why did Bill not post this warning any earlier?
    Why did he wait until he no longer had any associations with this group before posting this warning?
    Was this the reason Bill choose to cut ties with that group, if indeed he initiated the cutting?
    Why did he not tackle this issue of 'racism' whilst he was still part of that group?

All valid questions and combined with the timing of this thread following as it did a certain other thread posted on MAP, helps establish a clearer picture of motive - was this thread intended as an honest expose of 'racism' within a particular group (which Bill appears to have been more than happy to tolerate whilst still made welcome within that group) or was this an attempt to cause damage to a group he is no longer part of / welcome to be part of via some unfounded accusations?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  8. crystalfist

crystalfist New Member

Quote of the day, however it would seem other people may have known him longer, trained with him longer and got to know him better and they don't appear to give a very glowing report.

The difference between gullibility and credulity can be found here.

9. tonglonglengjai

tonglonglengjai Valued Member

Gornall, I would be careful of the keyboard chatter as there is alot of stuff going on surrounding FMA and the individuals mentioned. I was trying to keep off the forums as I am not going to air dirty laundry in public like most seem to like doing.

Talk to current and former Laban club members and you might get a clearer picture.

I would like to see the issues resolved for both the individuals and the FMA community as nobody wins in these situations.

btw, you dabbling with lau gar now?

Paul
    www.moifa.co.uk

10. EmptyHandGuy

Thanks Paul, will do. No I'm not dabbling in lau gar but my daughter wants to have a go. Will see if it lasts as long as her love for freestyle karate and judo did!

11. EmptyHandGuy

My only involvement in this thread initially was based upon one persons comment which I believed endorsed a racist comment. I obviously got that wrong, so I apologise for that. As for the comments made by Bill as the thread starter, I've no idea if what he has said is true or not so I am not going to comment further on his allegations. I do however hope that this situation is resolved one way or the other and that the various parties involved can resolve their differences amicably.

12. irwn

irwn New Member

Wow so many responses!!

Thank you to all for the kind words of support you have shown to me and the group. It goes without saying that there is not and never will be a problem of this nature within the group. Our doors are open to everyone that approaches their training with an honest and open heart!! If Im guilty of anything it would be for having a train hard or go home mentality for which I wont ever apologise but clearly this doesnt suit everyone!!

I could go on but in the interest of harmony its probably best that we leave this here. Its enough for me that the majority of people seem to have accepted that these allegations are unfounded.

Along those lines I have requested my other thread be removed. Not because what I posted was untrue or painted a false picture but its clear that as long as that thread remains certain individuals will stoop so low to post retalative threads such as this which will only cause further upset for those close to me.

As far as Im concerned this situation has been rsolved with the putting to bed of these hurtful allegations.

Just ot make clear any differences I have had with Mr Lowery are a result of his actions toward me and others. I dont wish to carry this on any further but I do hope Mr Lowery is able to one day see the error in his ways. But thats exactly what you would expect to hear from a Fundamental Christian Nut Job!!

13. stickfan

stickfan Valued Member

I would like to think that I speak on behalf of the UK Pinoy community in FMA.... I am aware that there is a high concentration of BNP members up north...I remember seeing the devastation after "The Bradford Riots,"

Please provide evidence LabanB before posting as
    1. There are a lot of Muslims in Cebu first doing FMA who aren't going to be happy
    2. A UK Instructor that spreads anti muslim sentiment or incites racial hatred against non whites...is going to hit Pinoy nerves and if anyone is proven to be teaching BNP, KKK, Stormfront, Combat 18 members etc. ...then they are irresponsible and... all Pinoys reading this... I am confident... will try and prevent these kinds of individuals learning in the Philippines.

14. Pat OMalley

And there the crux of it. I know Dave Irwin and he is none of the above and Bill will not provide evidence simply because it is not true.

The very fact that Mr Irwin has Pinoy students in his classes and welcomes everyone with open arms ( see earlier post by his Pinoy student ) is evidence to the fact that these stupid claims are totally false and unfounded.

Making such false accusations is actually worse than being guilty of said claims.

How would any of you feel if you where falsely accused of Rape or Murder? And how do you feel someone making those false claims should be treated? I see no difference here.

It was a stupid claim to make in he first place. Not just childish but dam right dangerous which could have long term consequences for those falsely accused. Is that something that should go unchecked? And ignored as a childish prank? I don't think it should.

Its one thing feeling bitter about something or someone but it is a whole different matter when you make false accusations such as this about people. And it just show people the low level some individuals will stoop to when holding a grudge.

Shamefull and people like this I believe should be ostresized and shut outnof our community.

Harsh? Maybe. But no less harsh than falsely accusing someone of racism.

And we have yet to see Bill come on here and back up his claims with factual evidence. That in it's self speaks volumes in my book and shows us that this man has no honour at all. If he was that honourable he would first off never dealt with the individual and if he was truly convinced of it and had any honour he would have let his stick do the talking.

Not a true FMAist in my book.

I feel as outraged by a person who accuses someone as being a racist as I am outraged by racists themselves.

Best regards

Pat

15. swisside bammer

swisside bammer New Member

i knew bradford riots very well:evil: and those people that you did mention, most of them are not from the north of england area. they organized a march in bradford and has their members from other parts of england invited who also came on that day. most of these riot occurs in the north of england because of the concentration of the asian community in these places. :hat:

16. Pat OMalley

I think Mr Irwin has shown great honour in trying to put this stupidity to bed and pushing it to one side. Its more than I would do. I personally would at the very least make sure the accuser was publicly humiliated both legally and publicly. And that is the least I would do.

Best regards

Pat

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

In an attempt to get a positive out of this...any chance of starting a class in York Mr Irwin? :)
    Alan Orr aside (last I know he only really did private lessons around these parts) there's no FMA in York (as far as I can tell) and with the student population should be a fairly viable proposition.
    I trained with Pat a few years back now and would still like to do more FMA.

18. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Ok Everyone. Let's try and let this one die. LabanB has made a stupid accusation and not provided any evidence. Further more I am going to leave this here so that others may see they stupidity of this type of behaviour.
    LabanB, I suggest you stop posting stuff like this or you will be removed from the site.

The Bear.

19. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I think people have been a little harsh on GB-UK, there is nothing to indicate that Scott's statement was sarcastic, and indeed I was quite alarmed when I read it. Now Scott may well not have intended it the way it reads, but it certainly reads as if he is endorsing racist views. There is no tone or inflection to text, so without any clues, you have to read stuff as written.

20. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

RESPECT for your honesty and humility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.