bad experience

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by daveecr7, Aug 9, 2010.

1. daveecr7

daveecr7 New Member

ok first of all I was really into krav maga but when i rang up i was too young which was disappointing so i thought i would try jeet kune do and i thought i was lucky to find one that sounded really good and i went to check it out and first of all it was at a private house in the middle of nowhere and when i knocked on the door it was some fat guy with bloodshot eyes he might be amazing at martial arts but it doesnt really seem likely. does anyone no a martial art similar to krav maga which is taught in southampton.

2. APC

APC Valued Member

How old are you?

3. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

Well, I don't have the coordinates on the map, if that's what you're asking, but I will tel you this:

Krav Maga is a very useful but very brutal martial arts self defense system. It is best saved for the older fellows who can resist such a regime. Now Jeet Kune Do, completely titled "Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do," means Bruce Lee's Way of the Intercepting Fist. Different to Krav Maga's grapples and holds, this art/concept is based on fluidity and the "soft" (or at least softer) half of martial arts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_and_soft_(martial_arts)

Before you start looking for a martial arts school, you must define exactly what you wish to be trained in. Dont go running in a bear cave, bud.

The link above should help you break down things. Then you can go into the Grapple/Hold/BJJ or fluid/elevated/jkd subcategories, etc.

Once you have a clear idea of what you want, UTFSE ;)

4. daveecr7

daveecr7 New Member

cheers mate il have a look at it and see what i prefer im doing shaolin kung fu/san shou at the moment so i need something that goes well with that but i wanted something for self defense aswell. im 15 btw

5. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

Oh, well then i reccommend going with the more fluid martial art. You wouldnt wanna contradict the grace of San Shou with the "real" brutality of Krav Maga or something xD

6. daveecr7

daveecr7 New Member

haha yh true i thought san shou was pretty violent lol nd i think its more whats in the area of southampton because its pretty rubbish down here in the martial art front

7. Matias

Matias Smoky Fist

I see...yea Jeet Kune Do is more available in teh west, i think.

You cant go wrong with the intercepting fist, brah ;)

8. APC

APC Valued Member

Won't be long until you can do Krav then. One club has the monopoly on KM around Southampton, as far as Basingrad and Portsmouth.

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

"Basingrad". Heh...I've family (by marriage) there. Made me chuckle.

10. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do is far from "soft" it is Bruce Lee's interpretation of scientific streetfigthing it is as nasty as it gets!!!

11. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I thought Matt-99 was banned for being a troll?