Backfist Article

Discussion in 'Other Martial Arts Articles' started by hongkongfuey, Mar 15, 2002.

1. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

Cooler - when I was taught the semi-contact backfist, one point that was made was to throw the technique out like a jab to the centreline of the body, (but with Fist upright), and let it naturally come arount to the side. Hard to describe without a photo, but I'm sure you get the idea.

In this way, the technique takes the shortest (and fastest) route to the target. Whilst it lacks in power, it is ideal for semi-contact fighting.

One other point, is that it is a hard technique to practice without a punchbag or other target, as it tends to jar the elbows when you don't hit something solid.

2. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

This is a good point and one I would agree with unfortunatly there is only so much a set of photos can teach you that is why we always state that there is no substitute for learning with a proper instructor.

If you look at the Backfist against opponent you will see there I have mentioned the straight line aspect of the technique.

Cooler

3. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

There is no Backfist like a Lau Gar Backfist!

I have to say that the Seventies Lau Gar fighters approached the Backfist, with the same Scientific Analysis, that Bruce Lee did when he incorporated movements from fencing into JKD. hence their success. For me this is the key thing about Lau Gar. The constant adaptation and refinement of technique. the ability to overcome any other style through adaptation.

Good to see you posting Mr Frost. Give us more!

Hey Cooler. What about an Mpeg in the Magazine. A lot of people won't appreciate the speed of the technique until they see it.

( Gives you the opportunity to doctor it too! Maybe a wig for yourself? )

4. Cooler

It's comeing.

Cooler

5. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

The wig or the mpeg?

6. Cooler

*LOL* The mpeg's will be comeing soon to the magazine.

Cooler

7. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

I started teaching some of the hand tech's in my class and my students loved them. Two of them won a gold medal using them. (just thought that i would share that) :)

PS: Cant wait to see more

-Chazz

8. mckungfu

mckungfu New Member

Training

Can any 1 teach me kung fu??????

9. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

Chazz,

I came from a TKD background and trained with friends that did various Kung Fu and Karate styles, and they always completely took me apart with hand techniques. I quickly learned that every style has a weakness, and it is good to share ideas with other styles to learn how to exploit them best. I suppose that is what this forum is all about.

HKF

10. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Yeah i know what you mean ive been tore apart as well. But a lot of soft styles lack the foot work and a Ax kicks and a front leg hooks seems to always get in. In A comp. always watch the ways someone warms up. You will get a taste of what they will do. Then just figure out in your minds ways around it. But i do agree, that is why we are all here, to learn

-Chazz