Back to training

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Korpy, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

What's up MAPPers!

It has been quite the crazy year. After almost a year of no training since I retired from MMA, I am starting to train again and it feels great, though I am feeling quite sore these days. While last year was great, I decided to step away from fighting. I was burnt out. Fighting four times in a short period of time, fighting for an amateur title, and all the weight cutting. I finally had to walk away, focus on college and enjoy being a normal guy.

But now I'm at least back to training, which has been tough because I'm very much out of shape. The only good news is that the coaches say my technique is still great.

It's also different because before I trained in a strictly MMA gym, with BJJ, Muay Thai and MMA. Now I'm at a place that while they have an MMA fight team, they mainly focus on JKD, Kickboxing and Combat Jujitsu. It's a different flavor, but it's fun and I feel like I'm learning.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Great to have you back Korpy.

I am about to take a break next year for a couple of months. Nice to hear you've come back strong after a rest. I plan to do the same.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Sup Korpy! Good to hear you're back at it bro! Sometimes a bit of time off is a good thing! Let us know what you get up to!! Welcome back to MAP! :)

4. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

It's good to hear from you guys as well! I really can't wait to start training hard. Sadly, it wont happen till at least March cause that's when I graduate with my associate's degree.

Then I'm feeling another title run...but we'll see!

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

You're 21 and you've already fought 4 times? That's amazing :3

6. UechiWillam

UechiWillam Valued Member

Aahhhh. . . . to be young and to have health insurance. Those were the days.

7. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I've fought five times in MMA actually, but four is 2010. Then previous before that, lots of Jiu Jitsu matches, a couple Kickboxing smokers and a amateur Boxing match. So by the end of it all, I was pretty worn out. : P

8. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Welcome back Korpy!

9. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thank ya'll for the warm welcome.

I've been doing some really good sparring and rolling. While I'm gassing quickly, at least my technique is still there and my gas tank will improve.

If any of you are interested, a couple of my fights and a commercial I was in are online if you'd like to see!

10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Bring it, Korpy!

11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Good to see you back and enjoying your training Korpy :)

Mitch