Back to shape from an injury

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by sh31kk1, Dec 8, 2011.

1. sh31kk1

sh31kk1 Valued Member

Back at it I was today, with body weight exercises. really interesting stuff I might add, and surprisingly hard.
    Did the following:

"Full" Push-ups 2x13
    "Full" squats 2x20
    pull-ups 2x5 ( I admit to kipping on the last rep...)
    Leg Raises 2x15
    Frog Crunches 2x30
    "Full" Bridge 2x10 (this was surprisingly hard)
    Headstand 1x40seconds & 1x a bit over one minute

I was surprised at how spent I was after all that... my legs feel heavy... this is a pleasant new thing to feel for a change. I was also pleasantly surprised that I could move my back like I did, especially with the bridges, so I will most likely continue along the same path and improve as much as I can.

2. sh31kk1

sh31kk1 Valued Member

Okay, went boxing today.. well fitness boxing to be precise. I have to say that the workout there is excellent for an hour. For example I burned in the place a bit over 800 calories. Got a good core workout from that session as well.

Also found out today that I can now do five pull-ups without kipping. just did 'em randomly as I passed a pull-up bar. Felt good.

Oh and tomorrow shall be an exciting day. I shall find out, whether or not I can start jumping again. Did some jump rope at boxing this evening, so we shall see. Not to mention that I'm getting my back studied tomorrow by around 20 physiotherapist and a doctor or two. They needed a patient/example and I happened to hear and volunteered. We shall see what tomorrow brings :cool:

3. sh31kk1

sh31kk1 Valued Member

Righty-o back here now after what, couple of months, since my last update.. It's been ups and downs for me. Started going to a kickboxing class. Had to stop after a month. The reason for this is that my back is now a lot better. Feels perfectly fine, but the pain has started to be "radiated" now to my left leg. What it does, is just make my left leg completely useless. It lasts luckily only for a while before i regain the control over my nerve. A positive would be the ability to actually manage to run a lap around the track without troubles, but the second lap provided problems for me, enough for reconnoiter to ask if I could keep running xD

So all in all its getting better now. even though my left leg sometimes isn't responsive at all sometimes.