Back Injuries

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kof_Andy, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

I did a butterfly twist the other day, I landed weird and ended up dropping all my weight on my elbow forcing my fist straight to my back right at kidney. It hurt like hell. :( I see no sign of bruises, and I dont think I broke any bones either, but it just starts to get worst during the night when I sleep. It feels like is burised up really bad, but I dont see any sign at all. It hurts everytime I breath now, is getting to the point where is unbearable. I probably go check it out with a chinese doctor later and get some herb. Anyway did anyone have something similar? I like to hear what you did to fix it up, and how long it take for you to heal.

2. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I've never had that particular thing happen, but I wouldn't mess with it -- especially if it hurts every time you breathe. See a doctor, for your own peace of mind, if nothing else.

3. Virtuous

Virtuous New Member

Do you think you might have bruised/cracked/broken a floating rib? Its around the same area and hurts like hell for a long time. If you're not sure what is really hurt I would strongly suggest you see a modern doctor, internal injuries can be very serious.

If it is a floating rib my only advice would be to take it easy for a few months. Wait a few weeks after the pain goes away before you do any strenuous exercise, espescially lifting, it is still very susceptible to reinjury.

4. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

90% sure is just bruises, but interal bruises. Cause I cant see it from the outside, but I felt it when I move. Nothing herb cant take care of I hope. I'm not too worry about that anymore tho, but I'm upset that I might not be able to take gymnastic today!

5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

If you have internal bruises, that would mean internal bleeding. You may have ruptured something, so get medical attention before it gets bad.