Back in the ring (snigger)

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Master Betty, Aug 9, 2011.

1. monkeywrench

monkeywrench Valued Member

As we say in the states...open up a can of whoop ass!

2. slickoneuk

slickoneuk Member Supporter

How did it go MB?

3. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Hope you had a good one MB!! Let us know how it turned out!!

:' )

LFD

4. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Hi guys!

The fight was tough as hell man. Ended in a draw and mostly through my own lack of fitness. I went out into the ring and took the 1st round decisively, having a fair amount of success with clinch and boxing. The second was even. The 3rd and 4th I gassed completely and started swinging haymakers because I couldn't work up the energy for a kick lol. He took them. Then, in the 5th I plonked him on the deck hard about 4 times and massively outscored him in the clinch taking that round. Was a scrappy fight and I'm not particularly proud of the way I fought, it's not my usual style but I don't regret it for a second and I'm still fairly pleased with the decision.

Rule number 1 - DONT GET IN THE RING UNTIL YOU'RE FIT!

I'll post the fight up when i get it and you can all shake your heads in dismay lol. In all honesty, I think I done ok, I've only been training for about 2 months after a year off. I came down from 81kg to fight at 70kg against a guy who sits at that weight and fought like a month ago. My last fight was 2 years ago. I think if I was back to proper fitness it would've been a fairly easy win but hey ho. When I realised my fitness wasn't there I basically decided to out-tough him.

5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

"Out tough-him".

If in doubt, eh? :p

Seriously though man, well done, congratulations on not losing. A draw is a good place to start back up from! Will you be competing again soon?

6. Master Betty

doubt I'll fight again until after the new year - got to get much fitter - want my next fight to be at 65kg and I have a few things I still want to work on too.

7. Pretty In Pink

Well man, that's totally cool! Just as long as you keep at it! Will you be going to the BJJ tourney in Glasgow next week?

8. Master Betty

I dunno man. Thats the one the Griphouse are hosting? Got a few mates competing in it but I dont train myself so I have very limited knowledge.

9. Pretty In Pink

Ah fair enough, a few of our lads are going through too. I might go to watch, xD

10. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I classify that as a win.

A bigtime brawler! Congrads to you :cool:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  11. sony

sony Valued Member

MB, how tall are you (just to put your weight into context)?

12. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Sounds like a tough night MB! Not a win but if you think the outcome was fair under the circumstances that's important. Congratulations :)

Mitch

13. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

Well done mate,would love to get good enough to compete at muay thai,respect.

14. Master Betty

I'm about 5'10 maybe a smidgeon above that.

15. Pretty In Pink

this is the stuff you need:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKdTmARzPtk"]Epic troll dancing video - YouTube[/ame]

16. daggers

daggers Valued Member

Good on you for making it! respect man!
    but you dropped 12kg in 6 weeks through intense fitness training! how could you not be fit?

17. belltoller

12 kilos in a little over a month would have an effect of sapping your energy levels severly, I would think. Getting that much weight off in such a short period of time is gonna have some kinda big price-tag at the end IMHO.

Is it true that it would take a lot longer if you don't want an equivalent loss in muscle mass?

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

The thing I love about MB -other than the fact he is the worlds greatest semi-troll (and we ALL love him for that) - is that he has absolutley no concept of ego or delusions of grandeur

He knows what he can and can't do, he knows what he likes and he does not care if he wins loses or draws as long as he gets something from the experience

Kudos bro!

19. daggers

daggers Valued Member

ah..see my post on page 2 of this thread.

20. belltoller

Yeah, I'm late to the party as usual :eek: