back for good

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by d0ugbug, May 5, 2011.

1. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

rather than people invade other threads saying Hi to me I thought this might be best ;) Ok I'm back for good this time!!

Head, Mental and Emotional problems all sorted I just need to sort the stupid 5 year old infection I have on my toe nails now (pictures can be posted if requested ;) )

My training has slipped over the past year I been away (could be more could be less) still around the 18stone mark but BIG thanks to weights allot of flab to move and id be happy to share my experience as I go :)

Training since I KO'ed my student and lost my cool in another class I've not picked up any pads, kicked the air or been in any drunken brawls. This week I'm starting back already on the low cal rice diet with regular walks (aka golf) and running going on.

Next week I hope to be going back to TBD thanks to Taffy on here for the invitation over great bunch of guys and as much as I like it due to work and other issues I've not been able to get back to it.

Boxing I think is my next aim now mainly for the fitness! I was going to get my 6th dan before I was 30 but i think ill leave that for now ;)

I been to a few Kyokushin classes in cardiff but sadly I either didnt fit in or found the instructor hard work (being free and teaching for many years did not help) plus not being as fit as i thought i was killed it ontop of that doing double low and high punches up and down the room for 60+ min hacked me off at no end so I'm still looking for a TMA to play with

Teaching wise I hope once I get my fitness back up maybe something ill look at doing again even though i dont think this part of the UK is up for my hardcore training style thought who been to my classes can vouch for this LOL

Plan for this year sorted!, be nice to meet more of you around the UK and beyond and i think Moi more Drunken Kung Fu... i mean tom foolery is in order ;)

As for personal we have a dog and my little girl who many of you remember was on the map homepage for sometime is 2 this year just 3 years away from starting Judo ;), and my loving wife is as supporting as ever

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Don't be a tease. Let's see them!

Too bad you didn't like it. Combining boxing with Kyokushin is a perfect combination. With your background as well you would be a solid knockdown fighter.

Same amount of time for my son. He already knows when I say "Kick!" to run over to his inflatable punching bag and kick it, he hits the focus mitts when I hold them for him (just palm strikes right now, but he's training for the streets), and considering he falls off everything all the time and hasn't been injured yet, apparently his ukemi is good enough for Judo soon.

3. d0ugbug

Ok photo comes up later ;) I kinda got an informal kyokushin background thanks to my late instructor but going back into a class from 1 on 1 training was hard work, not that I want an easy ride.

Put it this way I knew there was a grading going on the following week and some preparation for K2 so its all about timing, just I didnt like being shown two movements and then put in the side of the class going up and down double high and double low punch over and over.

I do plan on going back to give it another go! But my fitness is a must first

4. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Man, and you have guys fighting in K2 there? You lucky devil.

5. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Don't care to see the poses...I can look down at mine, on those days I'm feeling ironhearted. The pain and touchiness is no joke. Before I started dousing 'em with Undecylenic acid, I couldna stand for anyone to so much as have a shufty at 'em without making like a screech owl. The kids would walk circles around me if'n I warnt wearing shoes..."Stay away from daddy's friggin toes!"

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

yay! welcome back, mate!

have you considered tai chi, by any chance? proper tai chi, that is, not the hippy stuff.

7. kowloonboy

kowloonboy Banned Banned

What head, mental and emotional problem did you have?

I suggest that since you are aware that your training has slipped over the past year, you need to train harder. And stop challenging people when you are not 100%.

Why did you KO'ed your student? Shouldn't a good teacher protect their own student instead of using them as their punch bag. :(

Are you sure you have recover from your Head, Mental and Emotional problems? As one of the first thing you do since you are back is to challenge someone and volunteer yourself to become a victim. :rolleyes:

Also will your toe infection spread to others who train around you?

Does Boxing have any dan? You should take more time to recover for your good health.

I suggest you should take more time for resting.

From what you have listed so far of your problems, you should never consider teaching. You are weak in teaching them the mindset, and the mental skill required of a Martial Artist.

You should consider to take more rest, and sort out all your problems.

Good to hear that you have a little girl and wife. I just hope for their safety, that you are not going to KO'ed them either.

8. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

STFU NOOB. :bang:

9. kowloonboy

kowloonboy Banned Banned

I am looking out for the best interest of him and his family. :)

10. d0ugbug

FFS you are a total ass arnt you!!!??

1. My mental concerns are nothing to do with you and nothing a good search wount solve

2. LOL no one can walk on water so id use the term 100% loosely

3. Was an accident in training, he didnt guard and i took advantage of it. I guess the same can be said for you fighting on behalf of your instructor sounds like a right (self mod i swore sorry) if he can't handle is own dojo challenges

4. No I will never fully recover

5. I wear martial arts shoes, and keep a rubber sock on also

6. No boxing does not have a grading system only 1 - 5 when you want to become a coach, I was simply saying that I aim going to go and spend a bit of time boxing for fitness not grade

7. Thank you for your amazing evaluation of my teaching, my mind set I shall become a keyboard warrior like you

8. No but for that reference id be more than happy to travel around the globe or to london and put you in your place

11. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Doug has been a member for years and has posted lots regarding his personal struggles. Check his past posts if you really want to know his history. Everything else you posted was a result of you not reading his post properly or not understanding what he wrote. He is big enough to look out for his own interests and would probably find your post condascending at best.

12. d0ugbug

Id love to have a go but I can't find anything decent in my area and not knowing much about it I wouldnt know if it was good or bad. There is a Kung Fu school not far from me which offers Tai Chi classes ( i think )

But if you can point me in the right direction ill take a look, not worried about driving 2 hours or under is fine for me

13. d0ugbug

Mine would not be that bad i dont think but I have no toe nail no more just a lump of yellow flakes which builds up after a month then falls off (or i pick it off) much to my wifes diastase and horror lol

I've got samples of it being taken tomorrow so hopefully will find out what it is, ive tried all off the shelf products and nothing

14. kowloonboy

kowloonboy Banned Banned

If I read all his posts (1,588), how long will that take me?

15. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

How long is a piece of string? :woo::mad::bang:

16. kowloonboy

kowloonboy Banned Banned

Anger is a negative state of mind. You should stay more calm.

Interesting enough you have 1,589 posts at this moment. Are you not more qualified as a keyboard warrior?

Let's see you travel around the global first, there are 195 countries in the world. There are 36,722 cities in the world. Finish traveling to all these before you come and see me.

17. kowloonboy

kowloonboy Banned Banned

That is exactly the point, asking Doug will be the most direct and less time consuming, economical (Wing Chun Principle) than to have read all his 1,589 posts.

18. d0ugbug

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

19. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

No you're not, you are being a self-righteous, condescending and ignorant (in the most literal definition of the word) ****.

If you were genuinely concerned about someones wellbeing and the wellbeing of their family then you would keep your dumbass remarks to yourself.

You are a troll and a waste of bandwidth.

20. d0ugbug

I tell you what then, if your ever in Cardiff or Wales look me up