Back exercises I can do at home

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by koolaid, Jun 25, 2007.

1. koolaid

koolaid Valued Member

Hi all

My class is planning on doing a performance/play and I was wanting to learn to do a hand stand from the splits position for this.
    I can do this with my legs 3x shoulder length apart but not quite from the splits.
    Ive got the splits fine, now i just need to get the shoulder and back strength for this.

The only back exercise i can think of is back archs (lying on my stomach and lifting my chest off the ground)

Is there any other exercises I could do at home that would help aid this?
    Note : I do have weights at home but i think only about 30kg total.I can buy more if need be.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  2. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

you could do back bends and hold them for time, or you could do supermans for back strength. Keep up your hard work man!

3. spirez

spirez Valued Member

If you have weights, bent-over dumbell rows, single arm rows, dumbell snatch, dumbell clean/jerk. Pullups are your friend, surely there's somewhere for you to do them? I have a hatch for the attic that i hang a pole across and do pullups from there

4. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Chin ups. End of thread.

:D

5. koolaid

koolaid Valued Member

Cool, thanks for all your help

I really cant find a place to do chin ups (at least at home)

I can go to the local school and do them there on thier playground (fine ill admit it, any excuse to play on the kids playground, dont judge me!!!!!)

but around home i cant find anything, I use to do them on the support beams in the garage but i felt it move so i stopped pretty quicky (which is shocking since i only weigh 70kgs)

Im currently doing 50 hand stand push ups per night for shoulders (5 sets of 10), Its helped a fair bit.

Ive been told V sit ups with my legs in a side splits position will help with this aswell