Back at it - my log.

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Bigmikey, Aug 17, 2011.

1. slickoneuk

slickoneuk Member Supporter

Arnold stylie. Apparantly they used to go camping and squat and deadlift until they dropped, then do it again! Eat meat cooked over flame. Grrrrrrr!

2. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

.... something about that made me feel all funny in my special no-no place... is that wrong?

3. slickoneuk

Not if it feels that right! Hee hee!

4. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Dan John made it sound somewhat more appealing. ;)

5. nekoashi

nekoashi Valued Member

I used to do seated military presses. I replaced them with standing ones a while back. Another killer, they seem to hit my lower traps like nothing else I have done.

6. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Hey Mikey, I dare you to try doing a planche :p

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Subbed for the tips.

8. Bigmikey

Well, since I'M back, the log might as well be reborn too. I'll start keeping this up to date again next week when I start a regular lifting schedule. It will be similar to the one listed in the first post only instead of T, Th, F it will be T, Th, Sat. Hitting it Thursday and Friday proved to be a bit difficult. I still get a day to rest prior to class so soreness shouldnt be too big an issue, at least not at first.

There's a new goal afoot though. Now its not just about regaining what was lost during my lay-off, but to EXCEED that in both stamina AND muscularity. It's a tall order to be sure. I'm in my 40's so the body isnt the finely tuned machine it once was but I'm a firm believer in the bodies ability to overcome diversity and heal. As long as I can heal, I can build muscle. If I can build muscle, then I can become muscular. It's simple math on paper but its real world implications are profound. It's entirely possible that at my age, nearly two decades after my last attempt to step on stage I very well may be able to pull off a stronger, more polished physique.

We'll see. The work starts next week. Stay tuned!!

9. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

10. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

awesome to see you back mikey!!

ready to see you smash it, masters class wont know what hit it!!

11. Bigmikey

Thanks man. I'm actually excited to get back at it! I think I needed the extended lay off to recovery mentally. I was so burned out before which is why I think motivation was always such a problem. I look FORWARD to my workout days now! That's something I haven't felt in a long time. If the wifey and I can afford it I may hire a personal trainer to come out to the house and just be a lifting partner for a month or two. Just to make sure I get started with no excuses, ya know?

12. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Get the PT to force you to do stuff you hate doing!

it'll be good to start reading your blog again!

13. Fish Of Doom

here's a random-ass idea: why not try to get a rookie PT with little experience, and offer him/her to teach him/her some of the things you've learned in all the time you've spent lifting and bodybuilding, in exchange for a discount on his/her services?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  14. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

i agree with fish.
    it would sure make my career to train with someone of great knowledge.

15. slickoneuk

Back at it myself Mikey, I need to be significantly less round!

16. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

The epic beast is back! :D

17. Bigmikey

LOL, you and me BOTH! I am FAR TOO MUCH like a christmas ornament for my liking!

18. Bigmikey

Ok, Saturday was Chest, Triceps, Shoulders and abs.

I got a late start because I spent 45 minutes on the phone giving advice to a friend. So once that was over I hopped right in.

Flat bench (smith rack): 135x18, 185x9, 205x6, 225x3 - Bench wasn't what I HOPED but far better than what I feared. I've lost quite a bit but have no doubt I'll get it back soon enough.

Incline cable crosses: 25x11, 35x9, 45 (I got a little ambitious, lol)x5 (and got properly spanked).

Seated dip machine [​IMG]
    90x13, 140x11, 180x6

Standing military (alternate sets behind head, in front of head): 85 x failure - four sets total

abs....

Death...

LOL... so, today every time I go to readjust myself in my chair here at work I want to scream because my triceps are ON FIRE. Oh my God! I have absolutely no doubt that we'll end up doing pushups or some other nonsense in class tonight. Of course we will. Why wouldnt we? I'm just this side of death, of COURSE we'll do them. Fabulous.

LOL.

19. Fish Of Doom

20. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

i love those seated machine dips, i can hit my upper chest super hard, triceps or delts with the slightest seat adjustments, and i get the most savage pumps.

you still matched what i think is my best bench records, damn you.