Back at it - my log.

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Bigmikey, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Are these Kilograms? ;)

osu!

2. And this one?

Osu!

:D:D

3. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

LOL, no sir, good ol american pounds :)

4. Bigmikey

Update: The results of my lost workout were rather impressive. I have pronounced soreness in the chest, shoulders, traps (from uprights and laterals), triceps and even intercostals/lats.

I've come to the conclusion that I'll no longer use 135 as a warm up since I'm able to do 185 for 20 reps easily enough and perhaps that little extra energy will help me close the gap on the disparity between reps at 185 and reps at 225. We'll give that a go next time 'round.

Tonight is class, which will once again leave me hobbling after all the kicking practice in preparation for my breaking venture at the tourney coming up this sunday - EEEK! So tomorrow then will be back, biceps and some more shoulders and traps. Really going to try to bring my shoulders and traps back as I've neglected them above all recently.

Anywho... just thought I'd post up my post workout status.

5. Bigmikey

Ok, I'm going to try this again. With any luck it'll actually post when I hit 'Submit' this time. Back, biceps and traps/shoulders. Back is still sore - well, lats anyway, from Chest so I'm going to but back on it and focus more on Biceps, shoulders and traps. At least thats the plan now, lol...

Seated lat pulldowns: 120x18, 140x13, 160x9, 130x10
    Seated low pulley rows: 130x15, 150x12, 170x11, 160x12

Seated dumbell hammer curls: 35x11, 40x10 (using a little rest/pause), 45x7, 50x5, 35x9
    Standing E-Z curls: 75x13,11 (using rest pause),12
    Dumbell concentration curls: 30x7,6, 25x8,7, 20x6

**Just found out the wife might be coming home from the hospital tonight so skipping shoulders, blasting out shrugs and going into stand-by mode! YAY!**

Shrugs: 135x18, 185x12, 225x10, 275x7

Thats all folks, off to get my wife!

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Good news about your wife! :)

7. Bigmikey

THANKS Frodoliocious!

8. Bigmikey

UPDATE: Really got biceps good! Wicked sore when I flex. managed to hit the inner head of the bicep fabulously with a little trick of mine. YAY!

9. Bigmikey

So today we had our tournament. I was slated for breaking and thats what I did. I had four kicks to pull off: Jumping front kick, jumping round house, jumping axe kick and spinning back kick.

Jumping front kick went off beautifully with a piece of the board flying into the ring behind us, lol. The jumping round house took two tries because the window licker I had holding the board MOVED as I was kicking and I ended up blasting him in the fingers. He got his I guess but it still cost me a point. The jumping axe kick was briliant and I believe I'll have a picture to prove it. The spinning back kick could not have sucked worse.

I could blame it on the spineless brown-belt they called into hold the board due to a lack of blackbelts. I could blame it on the fact that she visibly flinched when I kicked it causing me to miss the board entirely. I could even blame it on the fact that she had the upper body strength of a small gerbil and probably would have just broken in half had I managed to kick the board straight on. I could blame it on all those things but I wont.

Truth be told if I were truly as proficient at the kick as I should have been I'd have been able to compensate for those things and pull the kick off successfully. To expect perfect conditions when we try to use our technique is a very nice thing to dream for but the reality is we should be able to perform them successfully (or at least passably) regardless of minor things such as I encountered. So the blame for my placing rests solely on my shoulders.

In a field of four I took third because two competitors got first place due to differing ranks and really difficult routines that went off flawlessly.

The child in me wants to cross my arms, jut out my bottom lip and say "breaking is dumb anyway so who cares!" and then suck furiously on my juicebox.

The adult in my wants to give myself some lattitude due to age, stress, the fact that I was running on 2 hours of sleep after having gotten up at 4 in order to be at the school at 5:30 to help set up the tournament. And it wants to rationalize it all away.

The Martial Artist in me wants to train 9 times as hard master the next series of kicks and techniques that might win me a gold medal and come back next year to prove to myself, my school and my fellow competitors that I am not a victim of circumstances but a motivated pupil in the school of learning from my mistakes. After all, if it had been a real life situation, I wouldnt have walked away with a bronze medal, I may very well have walked away with a knife blade in my kidney....

SSSSOoooooo... at some point tonight, after I get back from breaking down the tournament I will be doing chest, triceps and shoulders to some degree.

10. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

nice! looking forwards to the pic!

also i just imagined you in shorts, a t-shirt and a propeller hat while pouting and drinking from a juicebox :p

11. Bigmikey

.... wonders how FOD knew exactly what he was wearing.... gets up and peeks out of the blinds warily....

12. Frodocious

You should do all of those in turn!

ROTFLMAO! What an image! :)

Mikey, feel good about the stuff that worked, sulk about the stuff that didn't, accept that life does that to you, move on and train your weaknesses hard!

13. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Pssst... the pond, man. Look into the pond!

And I'd laugh at the image but first I'd like to know two things - have you ever snatched with a barbell and if so, how much?

14. Bigmikey

You know it, frodoliocious!!! I"m going to develop the greatest spinning back kick EVER SEEN! Even better than Bruce Lees or Ashida Kims!!!

**You have no idea how long I've wanted to work Ashida Kim into a post. Today, a dream was realized.***

15. Bigmikey

Actually, nope, never have. BAck in the day I"d military 225, I could dead lift 545 for 3 or 4... but those days are far behind me now man.

16. Frodocious

You go Girl! (said in a cheesily bad American accent!) ;) :D

See, dreams can come true! :)

17. Rand86

545 deadlift... even back in the day... okay, not gonna laugh then. I have this weird thing against antagonizing people who could lift several times my bodyweight in any way, shape or form at one point or another. :p

18. Rand86

Btw. did you have a look at the clip I sent you?

19. Bigmikey

Not yet! SAving it for tonight when I can appreciate it :D Right now I'm just killing time til I have to go back and break down the tourney.

20. Rand86

LOL.

After you're through with it, remind me to tell you a funny story. And if the guy Pudzianowski is facing seems to you like an A-grade douchebag, it's only because he kinda is one.