ba gua and choy lay fut school in Perth

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by unomysteez, Dec 1, 2003.

1. unomysteez

unomysteez New Member

hey all!well this is my first post ever,cause i needed some help......ok here we go.

1st of all i was wondering if any one had heard or trained at the 'dragon gate martial arts temple' in Bibra Lake,Perth.Any information would be greatly appreciated(for example,is the style taught in such a way by the Sifu that it can be used effectively in a street fight?)

And secondly,i am also looking at the Buck Sing style Choy Lay Fut school in Perth,under Sifu George Michaelson.It seems like a good school and style,however ,Si-Gung Dave Lacey left Perth in 1995 to teach in California,and told George Michaelson that under no exceptions was he to use the 'Buck Sing' name in his schools name.George Michaelson did so however,and this story is now posted on Si Gung David Laceys website.......but then last year David Lacey and his son came to the balcatta school (owned by Sife Michaelson) and did a 2 day training seminar.........so whats the deal?Is the beef between them now over?should i put my faith into a sifu (george michaelson) that against his sifu's wishes,chose to ignore him and use his name?or am i just over dramatising the whole thing?.......i do believe you should honour your sifu's wishes,and it seems that george michaelson broke them .......you guys got any info on the subject?or opinions?