Awesome polish WMA clip -

Discussion in 'Western Martial Arts' started by Dead_pool, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIaHeK9f3YY"]PLWR Promo - YouTube[/ame]

Saw this shared by a eastern european BJJ mate.

It looks nuts, in a great way!

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Nutters.

I like it.

3. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

This occupies a grey area. It's called "Bohurt". Battle of the Nations is the most well-known league. It's not WMA technique, but the format is resonably historical. You defeat someone by knocking them down or making them submit. You won't historically-accurate MA done there, but that's not the point. SCA on steroids, really. It's quite dangerous, but whatever floats their boat. Losing fingers and whatnot isn't uncommon. Here's a post from a competitor on the armour archive:

4. Dead_pool

Now that is one hell of a quote.

5. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Being beaten unconscious twice in one day (serious risk of brain injury there), swelling on the brain (even more so), severed fingers, tendons torn from bone...not a smart approach to a recreational past-time IMO.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Smart or not that video was fricking sweet!!!!!!!

7. Dead_pool

Not smart, but then neither were the Berserkers,

8. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

As a rule: if it's Polish and to do with fighting it will be somewhere between scary-tough and unarguably insane.

9. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Looks like fun! I have dreamed of something like this. Would sign up in a second.

10. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I've generally noticed that about Eastern Europe. I mean, I know what ITF Taekwondo looks like in the US, and then I go on YouTube and I see full-contact "ITF-Pro" in some Eastern Bloc state and some guy is continuing to fight after having his arm broken. And I'm like "yeah, that's not how it works here."

Same thing with comparing this to SCA heavy fighting here in the States.

11. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

Judging just by Polish guys I've trained with in London, "airport" in their language means:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHU6K47qgc8"]Thunderdome Intro - Dying Time - YouTube[/ame]