Average male vs elite female judoka

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Paijo, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Yeah, the open weight makes a big difference, but there's still a trade off point or every heavyweight would be spherical :D

Paijo likes this.
  2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Big non elite male judoka Vs an amazing kickboxer under MMA rules.

Elite smaller female judoka Vs newish male under friendly judo rules.

axelb, Paijo and David Harrison like this.
  3. Paijo

Paijo New Member

After watching the video, know i know
    Now i know judoka is so powerfull

4. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

Oh, I would definitely go with Darth Vader, he would throw a mind spell on him lol.

Paijo likes this.
  5. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

6. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

Keep in mind, it is not the form or the sex, it is the two fighters. You could put a 2nd degree female against a 4th degree male, and the female could win. As hard as that sounds to believe, just keep in mind, it is not the size, strength, or even form that determines the best fighter. There are two major factors that make a great fighter, do you know what those two major factors are?

7. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

We definitely need to take genetics in consideration. Bone structure, muscle etc...these things simply can not be ignored. A male fighter, will most likely dominate a female, when it comes to hand to hand.

8. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

As for the two major factors, what are you basing that number on. Fighters of equal fighting skills, will be dependent on endurance...although a skill itself. Stamina is an very important factor concerning combat.

9. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

I agree that ones body development is a large factor, however, keep in mind that speed and reflects is a major factor. If the female has better speed and reflects, the male may not be able to get a strike in or enough strikes, and the female will have the speed and reflects to block and counter.

10. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

The two major factors on any fight, is speed and reflects, ones size, skills, power, is all secondary to speed and reflects. Everything else is added bonus, if you can not hit the person or block, what chance do you have. Of course I am stating this to the extreme, but the point I am making is that those two factors is what will truly determine the better fighter. I could fight a person to where I do not need to use much MA skills and win, just on my speed and reflects. Know yes, if a person gets in just the right punch, they could win, but that goes with any fight.

11. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

Hmmm...I would disagree, an important factor for speed is footwork. Reflex can be a negative aspect, as it can cause a reaction time pause...you really just need to act.

Speed+ignorance=injury.

12. icefield

icefield Valued Member

If you were any where near being correct there would be no need for weight categories in combat sports, but there are because size and strength matter more
    It's the kind of statement usually made by someone who has never been hit hard by someone twice their size

13. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

Keep in minds that there is weight categories because many fighters do not consider speed and reflects as being a major factor, many people like you consider size as a major factor. There are plenty of females that can beat a man twice their size, my wife being one of them, and she is 58 years old.

14. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

Reflex is an instant response to an action without thought, a pause is the thinking of a reaction or response. Footwork, stance and so-on are a given to any forms of fighting. As I stated in my previous post, if a person is faster in strikes and counters then their opponent, then that person is more likely to win, no matter what their size is.

Graywalker likes this.
  15. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

In my experience, I would disagree, you are removing power. The person can me fast with no power, and endurance...you seem to be taking two pieces from an entire set and stating that those two is all you need. Reflex can give you a knee jerk reaction, to defend an area that the strike was never intended to land.

I am not saying that those two are not part of a whole.

16. icefield

icefield Valued Member

You think fighters choose to fight in weight categories and it's not dictated to them by athletic commissions, that's nice to know.

Anyone who has fought in any combat sport or in real life knows that size and strength play a real factor in the outcome

And it's nice you believe in your partner but i honestly think you are living in a fantasy land which might get her hurt if you have her believing at almost 60 she can beat someone twice her size .

17. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

Lol I believe in her because she is tested frequently, she and I are Shifu/instructor, as an instructor, we can not afford to falsely believe in someone. know, you can disagree if you wish, but just consider that actual fact, if a person cannot land a strike because your reflexes are too fast and your speed is too fast for your opponent to block you, how can your opponent win?

18. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Really so you and her fight regularly against good fighters, under what format and what rule set?

I wouldn't know because outside of a movie or computer game the above never really happens.

It's usually arts like wing chun which never spar that tend to throw up the moving too fast for your opponent to block or react to arguement, that isn't one of your arts is it?

19. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

I in no way way stated that those two are all you need, I stated that they are the two major factors, not they are the only two factors. A person reflex does not slow them down, instead, it speeds up their response, reflex is a instinctive response performed without thought. Yes, a person can be fast without power, but I hope that all MA have learned to be fast with power. As far as your statement, "Reflex can give you a knee jerk reaction, to defend an area that the strike was never intended to land", I would hope that ones MA training would avoid that type of response.

20. Yanli

Yanli Banned Banned

I am not going to state how most schools do their training, but in mine and others that I know, as you progressively get better, the faster of speed the sparring gets. Yes, we are Wing Chun, and we do spar faster and faster as you progress.