Average male vs elite female judoka

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Paijo, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Paijo

Paijo New Member

How practical is judo in a fight? Who would win in a real fight, an average man (5'8/155) who have been recreational training in kickboxing for 6 months or an elite fat female judoka (5'8/200)?
    Thanks for responses.

2. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I’d like a little context here , especially the way you’ve described the elite judoka as “fat”

Mitch, aaradia and Paijo like this.
  3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I agree. That did not leave a very good first impression. Really, was that necessary for the point of the OP's post?

Paijo likes this.
  4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

The elite fighter will win, 90% of the time.

Literally your giving up size, skills, and experience, however you are male, so........ It will hurt your ego more when you lose?

Nachi, Paijo and axelb like this.
  5. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

My god, what I really want to know is who would win: Elric with his sword Stormbringer, or Darth Vader??

Dead_pool, aaradia and axelb like this.
  6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

This is a very specific scenario. I think the questions already been answered, but with all the other specifics you didn't add age. How old is the 5'8 200 female, and why is it that you want to fight her?

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

The elite 200lb judoka is not going to be fat, and she'll remind you of that as she drives your head into the pavement face-first.

Nachi, axelb, Paijo and 1 other person like this.
  8. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Not to be a dick but she probably is going to be fat in the heavyweights size helps, any size muscle or fat doesn't matter, case in point
    Olympics: Sone claims women's heavyweight judo gold for Japan

9. Mitch

bassai, axelb and Paijo like this.
  10. Mitch

Not sure why that posted twice. Fair point, heavyweights will often carry some flab, but she'll be hellish strong as well, not just fat.

axelb and Paijo like this.
  11. Paijo

Paijo New Member

So the point, judo is still effective for a real fight even the judoka is female and (maybe looks) fat? Many of them looks feminim so.

How about striking skill of the male, could the judoka defense from striking?

12. aaradia

Just what are you trying to get at? You might want to clarify soon, because right now you are coming across as misogynistic.

Paijo likes this.
  13. Paijo

Paijo New Member

I'm beginner in martial arts so please go easy on me in this discussion :). I just wonder how judo practical in real fight. I like watching judo match and want training but there are no judo club in my city (I live in south east Asia).

14. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Judo is very practical as is kickboxing. The question is, what can you get to and have time to practice?

There are many different grappling styles also effective, so if there is no Judo you can possibly find another style. Which city or region are it looking to train?

Paijo likes this.
  15. Paijo

Paijo New Member

What?! Out of context, Sir. :) just answer yes or no, simple as that. I'm sorry if you don't mind.

16. Paijo

Paijo New Member

Thanks Sir. My country is different from European or American or other country which are many club/dojo. Martial arts I found just are muay thai, kickboxing and silat. There are bjj and judo gym in jakarta but it's so far (2 hours from my city).

Maybe I'll visit judo gym in European (Russia, Germany, etc) when I have holiday. Now I just train kickboxing recreationally 2 session per weeks.

Btw, I'm sure that profesional striking fighter will destroy untrained/beginner person but what about wrestling/judo/sambo? I don't know because I've never train and just watch that in YouTube :)

Honestly, before I posted this thread I've discussed about judo with my friend but I couldn't believe that judo is effective especially if the judoka is woman.

17. aaradia

There you go again with the misogynistic comment. No, you do not get a pass just because you are new to martial arts. That has nothing to do with your attitude towards women that you are now repeatedly expressing.

If you are new to martial arts, what basis do you have to dismiss the skills of a female Judoka? I suggest as you approach martial arts, you leave your biases at the door.

Attached Files:

Paijo likes this.
  18. Paijo

Paijo New Member

But If you don't like the 'woman' word, you can answer about 'judo' only and forget the 'woman' word, right?

19. icefield

icefield Valued Member

It's more than carrying a bit of flab, and has nothing to do with being or not being strong, it's simply in a weight class with no upper limit being bigger than your opponent makes tactical sense.

And in a sport which isn't terribly aerobic how you get that size, muscle or fat isn't as important as getting that size

Paijo likes this.
  20. icefield

icefield Valued Member

So you are basically asking if you had two people the same height, one of which outweighed the other by 50 pounds and was an elite athlete would would win in a fight?

Can't you see how silly that question is, about as silly as it was when first asked on the internet a few years ago

bassai, axelb, David Harrison and 2 others like this.